• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

How many People use the GeForce 8 Series?

Im running XP and have a 8800gt...no stuttering at all...

Good for you and perhaps for us too :)

It is a driver problem, that's a fact.
But maybe there's some things or settings we can use to make RO run better.

TrOOper:
I/we want to know all about your hardware and software.
Your settings in RedOrchestra.ini etc etc.

Tripwire... Are you still reading?

Upvote 0
I have still been running good with mine, no stuttering.

I have my cachemegs (or whatever) set at 256mb. My card is recognized in there at 512mb. It used to be 256 when I had my previous ATI card (256) and I just copied my .ini over from my old computer, so I changed it to the 512 like the card. Everything else is just set at the max settings. Sorry, don't remember just which lines. I am dead tired after being up at night a few hours sick...

Don't know if that helps at all... good luck

Upvote 0
OK, just this past weekend I had a major computer problem installing updated MB drivers. Long story short, it went horribly wrong and I had to reinstall XP again (I did NOT reformat my HD) and I went thru the process of reinstalling programs (to get my 'uninstall' info back mostly). Now I am totally back to where I was before the 'glitch'

Anyways, RO was one of the games I tried to play initially after reinstalling the operating system and drivers and I did get the stuttering effect. I watched my fps bounce from green to red every second or so. Stuttering was noticable but not horrible :(

But two of the last things I did to get back to my previous computer state was to tweak my ingame settings in the NVIDIA Control Panel and to apply a Multi-Core CPU Hotfix from Microsoft (as XP without it doesn't fully support multi-core cpus). Now my RO is back to its normal non-stuttering state. :)

If it was a coincidence, or one or both of those last things I did that helped to alleviate my temporary stuttering in RO, I don't know. I do know that I had no stuttering problems before I screwed up my computer, then I had stuttering problems before I did those last two things, then it was gone again when I got my computer back to its 'original' state.

Upvote 0