• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Operation Flashpoint 2 preview and screenies

Yes that makes perfect sense, you get hit, start bleeding and will die if a medic doesn't help you but out of nowhere you will suddenly regenerate health.
Yes it does make perfect sense.
Bleeding can make your character leave a trail others can follow and this can be done even if you have full health again.
Bleeding can be implemented seperate from the health: The health absorbs damage but the bleeding kills you after a certain time until you see a medic.
Also there could be a "critical hit" like system where only some shots make you bleed at all and most of them just do damage to you.
It could also be like you have to bandage yourself before the regeneration process can start.
Or it could be as primitive as RO's leg-wounding-system in that you simply bleed for a few seconds until your health is regenerated again. Just enough so someone who followed you into a building or something knows hwere you are due to the blood on the floor.

I already said that OPF2 might turn out to be realistic, but SheepDip is right in that bleeding and no health-bar don't guarantee that.

Upvote 0
Yes it does make perfect sense.
Bleeding can make your character leave a trail others can follow and this can be done even if you have full health again.
Bleeding can be implemented seperate from the health: The health absorbs damage but the bleeding kills you after a certain time until you see a medic.
Also there could be a "critical hit" like system where only some shots make you bleed at all and most of them just do damage to you.
It could also be like you have to bandage yourself before the regeneration process can start.
Or it could be as primitive as RO's leg-wounding-system in that you simply bleed for a few seconds until your health is regenerated again. Just enough so someone who followed you into a building or something knows hwere you are due to the blood on the floor.

I already said that OPF2 might turn out to be realistic, but SheepDip is right in that bleeding and no health-bar don't guarantee that.
Well yes it's just that I read this in a preview in a german pc gaming magazine. That and all other previews I read the developers really seem like they know what they have to do and really want to make it realistic etc. On the question how friendly the game will be for noobs they said they will have a big tutorial to help those people.

Upvote 0
Well yes it's just that I read this in a preview in a german pc gaming magazine. That and all other previews I read the developers really seem like they know what they have to do and really want to make it realistic etc. On the question how friendly the game will be for noobs they said they will have a big tutorial to help those people.

And developers ALLWAYS keep true to their words :rolleyes:

Upvote 0
Not meaning to burge in between you two lovers but there's nothing arrogant in being cautious and distrustful after being already burned for a few times.
Being cautious is ok but flaming/complaining about games where there is not even a real screenshot yet is just stupid. It's not like he was 85 and has been fighting in a world war.

Upvote 0
I don't know what will happen, they may destroy it, or they may not, nobody here is in position to asure anything yet

but what I think is that it really isn't that bad that it changes developers, cause the current ones are doing an awful job right now, I mean... if they were the same dudes, then we would already have an Operation Flashpoint 2, and that would be ArmA just with the "Operation Flashpoint 2" name, and maybe ArmA is realistic, but its far from being a good game at all, its too buggy, and its performance is horrible, mouselag(worst thing in an FPS), and also,"keyboard dancing" and all those animations where you can't really control your character does not make a game realistic, it just make it tedious, if not, look at RO, it does everything perfectly well

that would have been Operation Flashpoint 2 if it was by the same devs, so I think its better this way, because now, no matter how the game turns out, at least we have another chance, and for those who like the original developers so much, you can always go and play ArmA and stop whining about opfp2, or is it that you didn't like ArmA either?

Upvote 0
Being cautious is ok but flaming/complaining about games where there is not even a real screenshot yet is just stupid. It's not like he was 85 and has been fighting in a world war.

Do you have to have fought in a world war before youre allowed to be skeptical about something? Strange world we live in these days.

Upvote 0
New interview
Andy Wafer: Brand Manager
Michael Field: Lead Artist
Clive Lindop: Senior Designer

PC Gamer: Okay - Flashpoint is one of those games that was enormously loved by its gamers, and sort of totemic. In your view, what's the key part of the Flashpoint experience which you want to keep for Flashpoint 2? What are you building and elaborating on, basically.

Andy: For me the key aspect has got to be realism, that

Upvote 0