• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Carpathian Crosses: 10.000 downloads!

If you boys don't mind high pings, our local server just had an upgrade and still sees plenty of CC use. GameArena 50 player. Before anyone asks, it's located in Melbourne, Australia, so that means 250-350ms for Yanks and 350-450ms for Euros. The pings don't seem to bother most people though and we've seen a sharp boost in international players since we had the max players boosted from 40 to 50 (on new hardware) last week.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
If you boys don't mind high pings, our local server just had an upgrade and still sees plenty of CC use. GameArena 50 player. Before anyone asks, it's located in Melbourne, Australia, so that means 250-350ms for Yanks and 350-450ms for Euros. The pings don't seem to bother most people though and we've seen a sharp boost in international players since we had the max players boosted from 40 to 50 (on new hardware) last week.

will give it a try, well, i guess i'm becoming High Ping Bastard Jr..then:D

Upvote 0
To be honest i find a lot of people playing it even in North America but then again maybe im just lucky when i play RO (i dont have regular play hours).

@ dev to quote futurama on their egg sandwich episode "I bet the mayonaise is none too fresh either". and with that i will let the CC egg sandwhich debate die forever.

Upvote 0
I asked them and they're too scared to do it for fear of "losing players" :S.

Well see thats the problem. We at =db= have CC integrated right into the rotation and/or vote. On Friday nights ,after 8:30 PM EST or so, we have a large enough group of members that get on and play together, and we dont really worry about being "popular". So we run CC, sme of the original maps, some good customs.And theres room for about a dozen more,it always fills up , and folks love the variety and the fact that we have zero tolerance for asshats ruining someone else's game. There doesn't need to be a 50 player count or 24x7 anything to make a good server. It just takes dedicated players that can get past the lemming effect.

Last edited:
Upvote 0