• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Problems with Server Browser

Zbojnik

Grizzled Veteran
Mar 30, 2006
Chicago
Hello. I haven't played stock RO for a while now, but returned because of the CC mod. However I encountered a new problem that I didn't have when I left. When I refresh my server list it brings back an incredibly long list of servers. However around 85% of them have only 1 to 2 people in the server. If you highlight the server for more information you see that no one is actually in the server. And some servers say that they have 59 people out of a maximum capacity of 50. However if I highlight the server it refreshes and shows the proper amount? What is going on? I have a filter turned on and all of the options checked except for VAC Protection Only. I have Does Not Matter for the Stats Only Server. What could possibly be wrong?

I have exactly the same problem. Although I've added the servers to the favorites, the problem doesn't disappear.

edit: another thing is that my ping isn't displayed correct. The server browser (favorites) says I have about 250, so i connected and had a ping about 40...

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Yes the Steam server browser seems to work right, but I don't like it.

I noticed that even the steam server browser shows me the incorrect playercount and ping. A few minutes ago I wanted to join a server where 15 players are on, but when I connected I was alone.
These problems prohibit that I am able to play RO correctly...It got so far that I even have no ambition to start RO. Mare Nostrum is ok because there are not so much servers to look for, but that whole thing is so annoying I cannot tell you...:mad:

Upvote 0