• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

How good is it...

TrueKill

Apr 3, 2008
I'm thinking about buying this game but before I do I wanted to know a few things.

How much is it. I saw it say 19.95 but is that a one time fee or is that each month.

How many people play this game? When I log on will I be in a ghost town or will I be able to play with people?

How good are the graphics? What are the minimum system requirements?

The main issue with dial-up is catching up with updates to the game, or downloading it in the first place - but if you have access to a friend with broadband, they can download, burn to CD and hand it over to you. It is all linked to your Steam account, so secure - just don't go giving your Steam ID/password to anyone! Should play fine over dial-up, unless you are jumping on to a server too far away...

Upvote 0
I'm thinking about buying this game but before I do I wanted to know a few things.

How many people play this game? When I log on will I be in a ghost town or will I be able to play with people?

The Top 3 50 players server are always full during gaming hour,
there are also many smaller server (32-44 players)always filled with people.

Upvote 0
If you have dial-up you really shouldn't be playing online games.
That makes almost zero sense, EvilHobo. A lot of online games play fine on dialup. Bandwidth and packet flow are the biggest limiting factors. Just as with cable/DSL, some providers and areas are better than others. Get in a bad (choked) cable area and you'll see what I mean. DSL has its ups and downs in certain geographic areas, too. Don't tell me you belong to the high ping causes server lag camp. :p

Upvote 0
The game is VERY VERY good, If it is the type of game you are looking for.

This is a Shooter game, but a realistic shooter game with a pretty damn good balance.
There is a VERY high learning curve compared to most "run and gun" games aka COD, BF, CS...

It should run on Dial up, but you will be at a disadvantage... but still playable and as people said, you can still be of great use, you just need to addapt your play style... in other words, Long range rifle shots will not be easy but it's all about moving with the team and capping objectives.

For 20$, it's worth a shot.
Some love it right at start
Some hate it at start, but persist and then love it...
Some just dislike it right away because they need to eat chicken or something to regain health...

Upvote 0
If you have dial-up you really shouldn't be playing online games.

Why is that? I play a game called aces high that has 500+ people running on one server in one arena. The only time I get lag is when my spyware or virus scanner pops up. The only internet connection I know of that has problems with online gaming is satellite.

Iv played many other online games with my dialup and have had no problems.

Upvote 0