• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Why does nobody play mare nostrum?

That's why there are dedicated tank srevers whcih are almost always full then? :rolleyes:

Sure, Arad 24/7 with the same exact people every single day :D those are the only ones that are full (and Arad isnt even tank-only). I'd say let the community make a tank-only if thats what they want.. but the majority doesnt play tank only maps. When BDJ or OREL comes up.. servers clear. Its no wonder those tank only maps have been relegated to their own specific servers - admins have seen what they do to the population. They decimate it :p. Seriously.. the tank combat in this game is basic at best, and the people who play them exclusively are a very (I mean VERY) small number. :cool:

Upvote 0
people don't seem to understand those mods have a different .exe and work on their own. this way they can add more of the features that the community demands.
for i know that DH is already to different from RO, it is way more set on realism and teamwork and aims at attracting the "la creme" of the RO playerbase and players from other games aswell. you will love it or hate it, but if you love it you propably wont get back to RO as often.

Upvote 0
While it's certainly possible and something we (MN) have played around with a bit I have been warned that it's likely to cause problems with your game playing experience. What the exact nature of these problems might be is unknown to me at this time. Besides I've got more important things to worry about...like tomorrow's Mare Nostrum patch that gets us up and running with the new steam changes. ;)

Upvote 0
Integration...

Integration...

The biggest problem of 2 of the 3 mods coming out is you have to dedicate a server to the mod. I for one know this is why these mods are NOT taking off or being played as much as everyone hoped.

The mods need to be integrated or should work the same way as a Custom map does. From my understanding the only one going to work this way is Carpathian Crosses. This mod will be on our server as soon as it is released because there is nothing to do but add it as a Custom map would be added and when those certain maps are played then the weapons and vehicles would be deployed without any other work from an admin or the loss of any other gameplay of having tons of Customs and mutators already on a given server.

So in my opinion that was the doom factor for 2 of the mods created unfortunately. I hope this is changed now seeing how many folks agree. If they change this, then all mods would be added to my server to allow the folks to pick and choose as they've always done and with the additions of the new maps and soldiers etc. would just be a great addition to what I've already put together on our server...

Upvote 0
The biggest problem of 2 of the 3 mods coming out is you have to dedicate a server to the mod. I for one know this is why these mods are NOT taking off or being played as much as everyone hoped.

I disagree.. there are several servers that are running Mare Nostrum, so I don't think 'people not wanting to dedicate a server to it' is a valid reason. Related is the whole 'you gotta switch servers' to jump between RO and MN, and I'd be silly to not acknowledge that is an demotivater for some.

Upvote 0
Exactly...

Exactly...

That was my point exactly. I was talking about on the admin side meaning those who run a server. I'm not about to dedicate my server to one mod and only one mod, and still not be able to play customs and all the others that have been added. I'm also sure many other admins who run servers agree and this is why few see this mod out there to even play.

Upvote 0
I'll wait until a mod comes out that does some substantial changes to the core gameplay.

So far MN is RO with a different scenario. That's probably fine for a lot of people, but it also means MN competes with RO for the same players. And since we know how slow and inert the masses are it will be hard to establish a player base.

If MN stays the way it is (basically) it would probably do best if it not only was integrated into RO, but even better if it would be possible to change to the mod and back within the maplists. So your first map would be Konigsplatz and after that any of the MN maps and so on...

Upvote 0