• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Red Orchestra adds Steamworks

this update .... booohhh steam buddy stuff does not work properly... when i look at server/friend in steam it doesnt shows my buddys at all... and other thing is its not possible to join buddys on passworded servers.(buddy is shown as ingame but not playing an a server eventough they are playing on a pw server.. this sucks big times ..... for the RO.Ladder guys it will suck too because you will not be able to search other clans on servers.. (befor you just type clantag* into the buddy list and there you go server were your opponent is on will be shown) but now?? finding your opponent will be alot more complicated

how about fixing bugs of ro and stop adding some crappy steam features.

Upvote 0
Agreed, the buddy list has always worked just fine. Especially the wildcard* function. Definitely a step backwards.

You can't force people to sign into and use Steam friends every time they play. Many people don't want to deal with the hassle (besides, most people use Xfire, not Steam friends).

How are you going to find clan people now? You can't? :-/ Taking away options is never a good thing.

Upvote 0
There seem to be some very strange issues with this update.

1) Joining servers which are visible in the browser is sometimes impossible.
2) Playernumbers/max playernumbers are wrong in the browserwindows
3) Servers are not sorted by ping any more

Not sure if this has to do with patche or unpatched servers, but it sure is confusing.

Greetingz, Monk.

Upvote 0
I'm quite surprised at the RO forum "regulars" reaction to this update.
I'm pretty confident that the Steam community will more than appreciate this little addition to the server/friends possibilities.

I will admit that I do not play retail RO very often but in my humble opinion this is a good way to go.
There could well be an increase in the number of players on-line, time will tell.

A few little bug fixes thrown in for good measure !

Move forward young soldiers...

Upvote 0