• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Low FPS lately

For further reference to others who might have this issue.

The top causes of a game or program that ran fine before, suddenly slowing down are:

1) New software or drivers that were not cleanly installed or they have a bug that causes further errors in other programs. Also especially true with drivers, make sure you do a CLEAN driver install every time you install new drivers on your machine. Remove the old ones, reboot, run a driver cleaner, reboot, install the new ones.

2) Your hard drive is fragged and/or your hard drive has a bad disk sector, defrag that hard drive and run a chkdsk scan and force it to do a deep check (the scan tends to miss most everything unless you force it to really look).

3) Overheating cpu of GPU. Make sure your hardware is running cool! Check ventilation in the room you are in, make sure your fans are running in your computer and are not clogged, and most mobo's and all GPU's these days have temp monitoring features that can be found using either software from the maker or third party.

Also keep in mind, that RO supports up to 50 players in some servers, and your computer might not like to render everything that can happen on a 50 player server. You might need to contrain your play to smaller servers.

Upvote 0
I checked everything you guys told me...I even formatted my PC and still getting low FPS....I even lowered the settings to the lowest and the the res. to 800* whatever.....and still getting avg of 25 ....starts at 50 FPS ....when loading the map...my FPS is like 150 ...just right when it starts, 50, then while playing , it gets as bad as 15 FPS ...very frustrating, and i just can't play anymore.

more ideas please!!!!!!!

Upvote 0
I have the same type of thing. I use to be able to play maps like Gorlitz and Berezina but now its totally pointless. Everytime I get in the middle of something my fps red lines down to a slideshow of doom. Now even on Lyskrovy(sp?) with all the ppsh and smoke if I get close to the enemy its nite nite bunny rabbit. It started happening in the last few months but I haven't changed anything on my side.

????

Upvote 0
Anybody getting low FPS ... I've never had issues with the game before, but now iam getting low FPS and it's not running right...

I got :
nvidea 7600 GT
P4 3.07
2GB of ram
running the game on the highest and i have always been and had no issues untill about 3 weeks ago

Anything would help...Thx

I have the exact same specs as you and I too have been having framerate problems all of the sudden. The game used to run fine and now it's almost unplayable. What's weird is that Call of Duty 4 runs great which is a newer game with higher end graphics. I wonder if it has something to do with the new nvidia drivers.

Upvote 0
I have the exact same specs as you and I too have been having framerate problems all of the sudden. The game used to run fine and now it's almost unplayable. What's weird is that Call of Duty 4 runs great which is a newer game with higher end graphics. I wonder if it has something to do with the new nvidia drivers.
yea and what's even more ****ed up is i got this different computer my brother used to use..formatted, got vista ultimate, 2.5 GB of ram, and my CPU is P4 celeron speed is 3.33...even better computer and now i can't play RO anymore...even with the lower settings, i keep lagging, jsut so ****ing weird...maybe it's steam, but not everybody is having this issue so, i dont know what the **** is going on here

Upvote 0
Is it a P4 or Celeron? And Vista is a resource hog over XP, that alone will slow you down when comparing the two.

I also have the latest Nvidia drivers (not the beta) with my new computer and RO runs like a champ.

This might sound crazy but i think cleaning the fan helped....The fanz aren't making any noise runnig now and the game runs as smooth as it ever was...I dont know how long this will last, but thx alot guys, i really appreciate your help.... Cya on the battle field.

Case closed untill further issues lol

Besides, what happened/changed from your December post when everything was running great and now?

Upvote 0
With a bit of tweaking you can get Vista to run with about a 3rd less ram usage than the default settings.
Celeron in any example is not a bomb but that should not be a problem in this case.
The 7x series of Nvidia cards are probably the most stable if not the fastest at this present time.

Upvote 0
Is it a P4 or Celeron? And Vista is a resource hog over XP, that alone will slow you down when comparing the two.

I also have the latest Nvidia drivers (not the beta) with my new computer and RO runs like a champ.

Besides, what happened/changed from your December post when everything was running great and now?
It's actually intel(R) celeron(R) D CPU 3.33GHz ...my bad i thought itsad P4 before...but about the fan....that was for my older computer and it did run a little better...but now this computer is killing me...my card is alot better then the one before...I changed from 7600 with 256 MB to 8600 512MB ..i think that should make my life easier but it seems like it's getting worse....

What should i do..how can i get the latest drivers...Link me plz..Thx

Upvote 0
Well Kid your not in the boat alone.
Specs

CPU: AMD Athlon(Venice 754 Pin) 64 3000+(2.0ghz) OC 2.7ghz
CPU Cooler: Zalaman 9700
Ram: 2GB Kingston Hyper X DDR 400 OC DDR 450 2-8-3-3-2
PSU: PCP&C 750W Silencer Quad 60AMP 12V Line!
GPU: XFX 7900 GS(AGP): XG 174. 16
HD:2 IDE=160GB
RD: Pioneer DVD RW DVR-111D
Monitors: ViewSonic VA930M(19") /Dell 15" LCD

The 30 FPS average with my card is driving me absolutely nuts, I have done everything from defrag, new drivers, registry cleaner, adjusted overclocks, Memtest, Virus Checks, Netspeed, adjust in game items(textures, AA, AF, Blur), and given the computer a swift kick in the A$$. This has become an issue for about a month now and I can not understand why. I play several Source Engine mods and get roughly 70-140 FPS in game using a 1280 X 1024 Resolution w/ 2XAA and 2XAF. I have adjusted every setting in RO w/ no boost in FPS. I can drop the textures, shadows, AF, and AA to there lowest settings and I still get on avg 30 FPS. Anything else you guys no besides burning my computer and laughing at it as it suffers a horrendous and torturous death.

Last edited:
Upvote 0