• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Something Weird Going ON

Start the game through steam with steam in online mode

Make sure you do not start RedOrchestra.exe directly or from steam in offline mode
Ok, how do I check if I am launching Steam in online or offline mode?
I use Steam.exe and it logs in but in the game I also have the two rightmost buttons transparent and inactive.

I must say the level of complication of Steam beats everything I have seen so far... ;)

Upvote 0
This is odd. I can totally guarantee you that we/RO/tripwire/themasterservers do not change anything during the day. It should work no matter what time it is.

I would guess your internet provider is doing some funky stuff during the evening, maybe blocking/throtteling ports?

Some routers have parental controls which limit the access during certain hours. Maybe you enabled that by accident?

Upvote 0
My guess is that your ISP is blocking access to the computer which holds the master list, during the evening, as they consider it peak time. I have the same problem with mine (Tiscali). It also applies to any ISP which is a subsidiary of Tiscali.

The workaround is to log on at an off-peak time (eg. before you go to work), get the master server list and add every server on it to your favourites list. This is a bit of a clickfest, but once done you will then be able to connect to a server directly without the need to query the master list.

Hope this helps.

Upvote 0
Problem solved I think

Problem solved I think

A few days ago I downloaded SDK Beta from this site, so last night around 10.30 I still could not get the News Server. Removed the SDK Beta and It worked Ok - great. There is a list of fixes somwhere on the site somwhere near page 22 but hard to find. This would solve most of the problems experienced by players, so wht is it not more accessable.

Upvote 0