• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Games that made you cry?

Broken Sword and Broken Sword II both made me feel emotional when I completed them because you remember back to all the places you went and puzzles you solved along the way. Kind of the same when I completed The Warriors.

Sure there's games that have emotional moments but a game has never really made me feel sad though, that I can remember.

Upvote 0
Never cried lol.

Things that moved me in games though,

- The ending of Mafia

- One, or the, last level of BiA Earned in Blood where your comrade gets shot to bits by a tank, you fall down and get dragged away by a fellow soldier, who gets you to cover. He then falls down, mumbles something to you, then dies and his head falls forward. Blood runs down from his mouth.
And all i'm thinking is, "Die you nazi mother****ers! DIE, DIE AND DIE SOME FRICKING MORE!"

Upvote 0
remember that scene in half-life where the injured guard is lying on a roof ( it might be near the room rigged with 1000s of trips)
A sniper is hidden and keeping him alive to lure others - the guard talks to you , i think some of the cd music cuts in as well, then he dies.
I guess you could say that was pretty moving in a game where over-the-top violent death, often treated lightheartedly, was all over the place.

Upvote 0
Oh the gh3yness..... :eek:

I never cried to a damn game, but did so when watching certain movies. However, if asked what do I care more for in my life - games or movies - the answer would definitely be games. Weird. I guess it's hard for me to have emotional strings pulled after couple hours of shooting people/aliens/nazis/zombies/nazi alien zombies. You just know it's just a game and a backdrop to give you something to shoot at.

Yes, shoot, because I don't play ghey games where you're some damn Gandhi, wizard, RPG ghey dude or something. :D

COD4 almost made me cry, but not in a truely story related emotional way, more like "my god after 25 years of me playing games and growing old SOMEONE is still capable of making it SO GOOD I feel boyish enthusiasm about playing single player campaign!!!" (something I haven't felt for years).

Upvote 0
Not really crying but more of a sad WTF feeling in Mafia when Paulie gets killed, EDIT: and the same at the end of Vietcong solo campaign that I played on hardest (those who did too know what a pain in the *** it is!) kinda like sad like Vietnam war was a lost cause no matter what, and a strong happy relief feeling when I finished all of H&D2 campaign reading "the war is over" and remembering all the hours and battles.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Resident Evil 4 - The Mercenaries Minigame's Water Island map.

This so-called Super Dr.Salvador, about 7ft tall guy with potato sack on his head, some pimp-my-chainsaw-dual bladed custom chainsaw. The thing is, that when he runs around with that chainsaw he looks like he has taken overdose of steroids, LSD, or something like that, sounds like he is listening some rave music (and raving) same time and when he swings that chainsaw around it looks like some weirdo tribal dance.

As a result I couldn't stop laughing, and after a few seconds I was crying while laughing and after another few seconds when he chopped my head off I was crying with laughter. For like fifteen minutes.

Upvote 0
Not really crying but more of a sad WTF feeling in Mafia when Paulie gets killed, EDIT: and the same at the end of Vietcong solo campaign that I played on hardest (those who did too know what a pain in the *** it is!) kinda like sad like Vietnam war was a lost cause no matter what, and a strong happy relief feeling when I finished all of H&D2 campaign reading "the war is over" and remembering all the hours and battles.

Hidden and Dangerous 1 had that too :)
If i remember correctly, its some soldiers sitting around together watching a sunset, and then this text comes along telling you the war is over.
Knowing that their british and how long they have fought, it mustve been some incredible feeling just sitting there, knowing that 5 years of your life living that certain way, is over.

Now that kinda reminds me about that documentary i saw lately, about some partisans living in the forest for 5 years, surviving on what they could steal from the germans and what they could get from the forest.
If you lived like that for years on end, then suddenly the war is over and you can return to your home, that must be some feeling..
Finally getting what you fought for, but still dont realising you really did it, that you managed it, then coming home and try to find your family or what's left of it.

Upvote 0
The last US mission in COD:uo @ foy in the ardennes i think.
You finish defending a large country house with champagne on ther kitchin table if that jogs memories.
IT's pretty tough going- tigers come from all angles ( typical cod ) and you have to crawl your way to the front door to get 'fausts to tackle them from upstairs.
Running between these points is interupted by bash-a-thons as the house is getting overrun by infantry.
In the end of course (typical cod style) the mustangs arrive and polish of the germans. That nice music plays and your officer gives a little speech and offers you all a bottle of champagne, presumably you get a couple as you did all the work.
Anyway, it was a pretty good scenario and I found the end pretty emotional as it was really tough to get through on the level i was playing.

Upvote 0
I've never cried but I've been a bit moved emotionally.

Only time I can recall getting a bit emotional was Legend of Zelda Phantom Hourglass. For some reason the emotions in Links face and eyes felt so real at times.

That is also why I like cell-shaded games more than "realistic" games emotions are much clearer and "feel" so much real. While the "realistic" looking games just end up in uncanny valley.

(for you who don't know what uncanny valley is you can read up a bit on it here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uncanny_valley )

Upvote 0