• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Level Design Ponyri Redux

Sichartshofen

Grizzled Veteran
Nov 21, 2005
ponyri1mb9.jpg

The map has been completely remade. Now an 800 by 400 meter play area with 8 objectives. The first 3 objectives will take place in a massive network of interconnected trenches spanning 300 meters across, giving the immersion of a wide front and finally ending at an artillery battery. From there the Germans must secure the water tower and fight there way towards the village to gain a foot hold. Then the battle for the village begins. Ending off with the school house and ponyri station that will be recaptureable until both are taken.

Load Outs:
Both sides will have tanks at their disposal. Russians will have a T34 and an SU76 and the Germans will have 2 PzIV H's and 1 StuG III. Infantry load outs are the usual amount of rifles, mg's, smg's and a few anti-tank weapons. The Russians will also have several anti-tank guns scattered around the map.

Last edited:
Not bad, but the trenches look to machine made. Somekind of basovka stylish trenches would look better imho.
Then I would be stuck with trenches the size of the ones on basovka. Unless I used more then 1 terrain, which by then it's getting too complicated just for terrain trenches. For something this scale you have to do it with BSP.

Those trenches are massive, are you sure they're gonna be at all defendable by the the amount of infantry the Russians have?
You will only need to be defending 1 objective at a time.

Upvote 0
These kind of trenches are nice now and then but this is way overdone and totally useles in real life.
They would be shooting each other in the back also
As a supreme commander i would send my luftwaffe to deal with these trenches.

So i fully agreed with the comment wrote about the clean and unnatural look these trenches have.
All the straight wooden trenches makes it look boring to. Imagine three objectives in that atmosphere.
And people already call Lazur 50 a maze :)

Upvote 0