• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Stop. Think. Be Thankful.

I've just been playing RO some more recently, and I can't help but be reminded that it's one of the best games of all time, for several reasons. The only reason I don't play it more is because my lame friends have to have shiny objects dangled in front of them, like keys for instance, to continue to play a game. I've been playing a lot of dystopia and world in conflict recently, but I'll just keep coming back to RO, and whenever you Tripwire guys make another game, I'll con all my friends into buying it again, just like I did with RO. The box does have a certain shine to it, so that wasn't too hard. That and watching me play it makes it seem like a lot different game than watching them play it. Or maybe it just makes them look a lot dumber than they usually look. Either way, Tripwire, you own at life.

Upvote 0
A community will always ask for more, and if they get more they will still ask for more.

The thing that shows how nice ro is is looking at what people nitpick, and the controversy in the nitpicking.

Its not people complaining about big things but often small things, this shows that ro is a solid package, afcourse it can still be improved and in that sense is never complete. But it got a far way.

Upvote 0
Best $20 dollars I ever spent!!!!

By far! Although Steam used to be *****ed about by everyone for years, it allows devs like Tripwire to update, patch and tweak the game incredibly easily.

Airborne is an EA game, so of course it will suck and come with a plethora of bugs/crashes/exploits. I can't remember the last time I "bought" and EA game which worked properly, even after several patches.

THANKS TRIPWIRE! ^_^

Upvote 0
Thank you TWI! I had someone on another online forum suggest it to me and put on my birthday list for this year, well at first I was a tad confused. though when I started learning the ways of the tank, I because a lean mean tank killing machine! (1 shot tank kills by enemy tankers from 800 meters or more still kind of irk me though) and may you continue to rise higher in your awesomeness as a company

Upvote 0
I've been in love with RO since I discovered 3.1 for UT2k4, I pre-ordered it over steam and felt that it was worth every penny and more. I gladly would have payed twice the price for all of the content and support this game has recieved. hell, I recently found a boxed copy that included a few extras inside of it that I would have definately bought if not for the fact that I was a few bucks short.

thank you Tripwire for a wonderful game. :D

Upvote 0
I totally concur with the OP (and all the other comments it seems)..

RO is by FAR the best online "tactical" shooter there is out there, everything pales in comparison.

I was having fun in BF2142 (kicking serious butt too!), but eventually I got tired of it for various reasons... for one thing, getting kills was just too easy for me, 95% of the time I was on the top 5 spots on the team (out of 32), I'd rack up kills like nobody's business and the hitscan system was boring.

Then I found RO, and I discovered TRUE SATISFACTION in blowing people's heads off with real ballistics :D

Upvote 0
I've been playing RO for nearly 7 years.

I know, i know, but hear me out (Or read at least) We all knew of the mod for UT2004, and most of us know of the mod for UT2003 (The mod with the borked vehicles, then 2004 comes out and a decent vehicle base to build upon, Huzzah!) but there was a mod for UT99, the game many call the original multiplayer arena game. I had so many mods for all of the UT series and they all had their charms, but the ones that got me the most were Chaos and Red Orchestra. Chaos, for those who don't know it, was just adding loads of UT style content, but RO changed the game altogether.

I was just browsing one day on the mod developer sites and came across a team looking into making RO, i regret though i forget their names and i don't think any of those members stayed with the project past UT99, but all the same i signed up as a tester and i fell in love. The aiming, the skins, the guns, the maps...

Everything went quiet for a while after that, til UT2003 came out roughly a year later, the mod was late in UT99's life, and i was once again hooked to the arena and the mad search for mods, lo and behold i found the RO mod was active on this new, cleaner cut format. I jumped on it and played like a cheap 12 year old game junkie with a new PS1 and the first Metal Gear Solid, hooked once again.

I got a job, and a girl, and a life, then UT2004 hit the shelves and, i swear this happened, within a week a new RO was on my machine and my PC didn't get turned off for 57 days (My dad counted, the electricity bill nuked two of my paydays) it was at this time i realised i should just give in and admit defeat, i was hooked worse than a crack-head.

One day my dad gave me access to his steam account, to play HL2, and i saw, there, in his list of games...please...god no...i can't take anymore...it's too much...i'm spent...totally worn out...

Red Orchestra: Ostfront 41-45

I tell you not a word of a lie, that i did break down into tears, mixed joy and sadness, knowing my life would once again fail and flounder, but that i would find a true game again, a game of it's own volition now, no longer suckling at the teat of UT, but grown and earning its keep. I lookd back over the past and wept anew, realising that i'd been one of the ones who'd helped raise this child. the lucky few veterans.

I downloaded steam, bought the game and died for a few days, my parents wondering why i'd never left my room. I played, i went through a few units, i found a home. I'm happy now, they give me pills to keep the voices at bay (Damned ROPlayers, not the unit, the nameless millions of pubbers), my girlfriend even understands, she said to me last week: "Go, go play, i know you've got a match, the 8th needs you, i'll be waiting..."

Tripwire...you have my thanks, my love, my everlasting loyalty...and yet a small part of me hates you as well, your child has both enriched and ruined my life.

But...

Compulsory education's over now, let's put this kid through college with the new unreal engine, shall we?

Upvote 0