• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Stop. Think. Be Thankful.

Slyk

Grizzled Veteran
Feb 17, 2006
www.after-hourz.com
With the recent release of a new WW2 shooter, I would like to suggest that to all those who rant, complain, and cue-up the "Jaws" impending-doom music over every new feature being the death of RO:

Stop for a few minutes. Think about all the other WW2 shooters you have ever played. Think about how much support you got from the developer. Think of how much NEW and FREE content you got from the developer. Regardless of your impressions of this or other games, be thankful for what you do get from the RO team. Just check out the latest "Airborne" forums around the web and see what those gullible bastards got for their $50. If you don't sit back, smile and say "thank you Tripwire", then you should move on already.

In the immortal words of Alfred E. Newman:

A_NewmanR.png

Tripwire and ROx are TOPS in my book!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
is MoH Airborne a threat?

i feel like i finally found a home in the vast world of games, it's a win-win situation. TWI got where they are, thanks to who they are and what they have done. and we are here, because of the same reasons.

when i sit back and think, i say: thank you IW and EA, for making such horrible games that forced me to dig deeper to find RO

Upvote 0
Well, he's truly got a point there: we've got so much out of RO, yet we still moan about it. Put it all into perpective and RO's worst is many other games' best. And Amen to that.

Well this shows one basic truth. No matter how hard you try to be perfect someone always finds something to ***** about ;) .

Thanks TW! I bought RO somewhere back before the last World Coup and since then I never thought that I've wasted my money on it. And I got that feeling about many games I bought so far. In fact with all the content updates and patches it feels like that it's one of the best deals I've ever made.

Upvote 0
is MoH Airborne a threat?

i feel like i finally found a home in the vast world of games, it's a win-win situation. TWI got where they are, thanks to who they are and what they have done. and we are here, because of the same reasons.

when i sit back and think, i say: thank you IW and EA, for making such horrible games that forced me to dig deeper to find RO

Q. F. MFing. T.

Upvote 0
wow what a great thread....

Not only is RO the best game out there in terms of support and new content....but let's remember that its by FAR the best game going in terms of game-play. I think that's the critical thing these other games are missing out on. Console ports = wasted money for PC gamers. Unless you know better...which it sounds like we do.

Gotta admit I have the demo of that game....and it's OK for what it is. But yeah I read the forums at EA and After Hourz too. And the stench can be smelt thru my flat screen LCD.

So yes THANK YOU Tripwire. The top FPS gaming developer with good reason.

Upvote 0
With great detail comes great nitpicking. No one can complain about slightly wrong reloading animations in Rogue Spear, and no one can complain about wrong accuracies for guns in SWAT 3. RO, for what it is, gets a lot of nitpicking which is of course fair in some cases, but lets not forget what the starting point of our complaints is.
Also with the great support the devs gave us so far comes the expectance that there will be more and more. How often have we read and/or posted that we demand certain changes or fixes. A lot of game developers stick to fixing critical bugs and leave it at that. A suggestions board like we have it here would be unthinkable for some games.

TWI is one of the top developers. Not only because they had the balls to make a game like RO but also for what they did with it post-release, and for what they did with the community (incorporating and polshing custom maps; posting mod-news on their website, etc).

Any further ***-kissing is reserved for the next patch-release-thread!:D

Upvote 0
The old saying "You get what you pay for" lost all credibility with the retail release of RO. Sometimes you get more than you bargained for.

Just prior to reading this post, I was reading some of the responses to the last Hot Fix. When I read the following:
I know Badboy has a 9600 card - Desch, please remind us what card you have and we'll go and see what we missed in the fix!
I thought to myself, "where else can you find this kind of personal support and genuine interest and concern for customers?"

Floyd

Upvote 0
I never heard complaints about the reload animations in counter-strike, even fewer seemed to question that all of the guns were essentially mirrored backwards.

The fact that people find so much to nitpick in RO is a condition caused by the outstanding level of detail already in place in the game. As opposed to just playing the game because it's just a game - RO reaches levels of detail and realism so close to perfection that people want to see how far it can go. Isn't that mans natural reaction?

People don't bother to complain about the other games because it goes without question that the developers aren't going to listen. TWI brings this flood of complaints and suggestions upon themselves by actually listening to some of them!

Thanks TWI.

Maybe I'm just used to team fortress classic. But every time a soldier jumps down next to me and starts shooting, and I see the action on the SVT-40 opening and closing, ejecting the shells. I can't help but just sit and watch it rather than play the game. This happens to me alot..... too much. As I sit in admiration of this fantastic animation, I can't help but wonder "what if it showed some kickin recoil when firing as well?"

You did it to yourselves, Tripwire. :)

Upvote 0