• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Server Setting Per Map Round Limits

Yes, Ive tried to stop it, change it using an edit option through the server, restart it.

Ive stopped it, FTP'ed the ro ini after changing it on my pc, restart.

Seems to look good for awile, but I come home from work or the bar.....and its 0/1 again.

Even now while its running, I can go look at the ini. file and see its set up for 2/3. Im wondering if the server is pulling a setup from a different location. It has to be a specific map issue.

In the webadmin under default/map voting there is a check box for "Default Current GameType". I have no idea what it does but when i hover the mouse I get a description like "If enable, and no players are on the server, it will stay in the current game type" This problem Im trying to resolve only happens when no one is on it as I havent seen it happen nor has anyone else.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I guess my point was, just take it out of the maplist line altogether. As its "hardcoded" into each map, there is no point in using it, it does not work and that may be what is "screwing up" the rest of your maplist.

Also, I had come trouble when I had multiple map lists. If they were not all set up correctly and an admin selected or if he changed a maplist (ie added a map to a maplist, moved a map) via the webadmin, (see Zetsumi's previous post about moving maps around....

Upvote 0
Ahh, ok. I do have multiple map lists. Ill give that a try. If you get a chance, could you exlpain the "just take it out of the maplist line altogether"

The only place where I have the timelimite=0 is under [Engine.GameInfo] and [ROEngine.ROTeamGame].

[ROEngine.ROTeamGame]
WinLimit=2
RoundLimit=3
TimeLimit=0

Upvote 0
....So I took off the "?RoundLimit=1?WinLimit=1?Timelimit=45" because...

When you said the above I was assuming you had something like:
Code:
[DefaultRO0 MaplistRecord]
DefaultTitle=Default RO0
DefaultGameType=ROEngine.ROTeamGame
DefaultActive=18
DefaultMaps=RO-Kaukasus?RoundLimit=3?WinLimit=2?Timelimit=45
DefaultMaps=RO-KrasnyiOktyabr?RoundLimit=3?WinLimit=2?Timelimit=45
in your maplist. If so, I was suggesting that you remove ?Timelimit=45

Upvote 0
No, none of my map list has WinLimit=2?Timelimit=45 or anything like it. I did put that on a couple maps just to test it out but I didnt want to play with it since we were chaning map lists so often.

Any way, Since then Ive deleted all my map lists and only have the "defaultRO" maplist. So, 1 maplist that I either add or take out files. I thought I had it solved after I deleted my "weekend" and "nighttime" maplist. Now its back to taking out maps to see if it is a specific map.

Upvote 0
Here is a portion of the ini file. As you can see, its always setup for 2/3 rounds. I have tried taking custom maps out of the maplist, but no luck still. To date, I am still restarting the server, every flippin day.

[ROEngine.ROTeamGame]
WinLimit=2
RoundLimit=3
TimeLimit=0
PreStartTime=20
DeathMessageMode=DM_All
FFPunishment=FFP_Kick
FriendlyFireScale=1.000000
FFKillLimit=8
FFDamageLimit=800
FFArtyScale=0.200000
FFExplosivesScale=0.500000
bSpectateFirstPersonOnly=False
bSpectateLockedBehindView=False
bSpectateAllowViewPoints=True
bSpectateAllowRoaming=True
bSpectateAllowDeadRoaming=True
bAllowNonTeamChat=False
bSpectateBlackoutWhenDead=False
bSpectateBlackoutWhenNotViewingPlayers=False
NetWait=0
bForceRespawn=False
bAdjustSkill=True
bAllowTaunts=True
bAllowTrans=False
SpawnProtectionTime=0.000000
LateEntryLives=1
LoginMenuClass=ROInterface.ROUT2K4PlayerSetupPage
bAllowPrivateChat=True
bWeaponStay=True
bAllowWeaponThrowing=True
ResetTimeDelay=0
GoalScore=0
MaxLives=0

Upvote 0
Also, if I use the webadmin and try and "reset" the limits, even though they already say 3 and 2, I go to restart the map and I get a.....A conflict was found between a command line value and its default value from the ini file. You must resolve the conflict before the server can be restarted

Command line values normally override the default value. To allow the command line value to override the default value, clear the checkbox, then click Accept. To update the command line with the value from the ini, just click Accept.

Setting_____________ Defaults____________ Command Line_________ Override

Death Message Mode ___DM_All _______________3
Round Limit ____________3_________________ 1
Win Limit ______________2_________________ 1

Where is the command line for this webadmin? This is where it keeps changing to 1.

In reading through your posts again, I think (at least part of) your problem lies in your command line. I would suggest removing the RoundLimit and WinLimit options from your command line. (If you rent a game server, I don't know how your company handles that. You may have to ask them to change it). Though it may say that it will update the command line by clicking Accept, it may not (if you rent a game server). To me, the grammar used is confusing and is is very counter-intuitive to acheive the desired result.

Also, be aware that the manual changes made to the redorchestra.ini file must be done with the game off. You must do this because when the RO server shuts down, it re-writes the .ini file and any changes you manually made while it was running are overwritten. Shut the server down, make the manual redorchestra.ini changes and then restart the server.

How about posting the maplist section of your redorchestra.ini file.

Floyd

Upvote 0
Well here is an update. Its been about 24 hours without it changing back to 1 round. I did a couple things. I did update the ini. file and stop the server and FTP the new ini file up. I dont know as of yet if this is going to work, but, If I find something else, I will come back and update this. No one seems to have ever seen this problem.

1. I changed the number of the maplist from 0 to 3 i the ini. file. I looked back at my old backup ini. files and they were at 0 while later backups had numerical listings (1, 2, or 3). This is because I had several different maplists. I know that this number is just to catagorize the maplists, but, Ive been trying to delete stuff and manually re-enter it in the ini to maybe force an update to other associated files or something. I know that sometimes changes dont take if I edit the ini directly on the server rather than send up a new file (overwrite) using FTP. I have even seen that I had to delete the ini file on the server then FTP the new file.

[DefaultRO MaplistRecord]
DefaultTitle=Default RO
DefaultActive=3
DefaultMaps=RO-Arad-SH
DefaultMaps=RO-Arad_Night
DefaultMaps=RO-BeachAssaultII
DefaultMaps=RO-Hochburg1943_MCP2
DefaultMaps=ro-arad
etc......

[ROInterface.ROMapList]
MapNum=3
Maps=RO-Arad-SH
Maps=RO-Arad_Night
Maps=RO-BeachAssaultII
Maps=RO-Hochburg1943_MCP2
Maps=ro-arad
Maps=ro-danzig
Maps=ro-hedgehog
etc.....

2. I deleted my "reserve slot" list. Dont have any ryhme or reason, just thought, what the heck. seems these problems started after I started adding mutators for Serverext, kickban, and reserveslots.

3. Removed most of the custom maps. The list above is just an example of what it looks like now as far as maps go. I didnt know if a specific map is forcing the server to go to a specific mode. Now, I just have to start adding them one at a time. Ughhhh.

4. Finally, I changed my PW. Though unlikely, I thought it may have been compromised and, what the heck.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
How about posting the maplist section of your redorchestra.ini file.

Floyd

Floyd,

Thanks for your assistance on this. No one has replied at the FK Forum or the Unreal Forum. Here is the info you requested. Also, do you know what this line does exactly (The defualt to current game type)?

[xVoting.xVotingHandler]
VoteTimeLimit=50
ScoreBoardDelay=0
bAutoOpen=True
MidGameVotePercent=50
bScoreMode=False
bAccumulationMode=True
bEliminationMode=False
MinMapCount=2
MapVoteHistoryType=xVoting.MapVoteHistory_INI
RepeatLimit=2
DefaultGameConfig=0
bDefaultToCurrentGameType=True

[DefaultRO MaplistRecord]
DefaultTitle=Default RO
DefaultActive=3
DefaultMaps=RO-Arad-SH
DefaultMaps=RO-Arad_Night
DefaultMaps=RO-BeachAssaultII
DefaultMaps=RO-Hochburg1943_MCP2
DefaultMaps=ro-arad
DefaultMaps=ro-danzig
DefaultMaps=ro-hedgehog
DefaultMaps=ro-leningrad
DefaultMaps=ro-lyeskrovy
DefaultMaps=ro-bondarevo
DefaultMaps=ro-odessa
DefaultMaps=ro-ogledow
DefaultMaps=ro-rakowice
DefaultMaps=ro-stalingradkessel
DefaultMaps=ro-tcherkassy
DefaultMaps=ro-zhitomir1941
DefaultMaps=RO-TractorWorks_50v4

[ROInterface.ROMapList]
MapNum=3
Maps=RO-Arad-SH
Maps=RO-Arad_Night
Maps=RO-BeachAssaultII
Maps=RO-Hochburg1943_MCP2
Maps=ro-arad
Maps=ro-danzig
Maps=ro-hedgehog
Maps=ro-leningrad
Maps=ro-lyeskrovy
Maps=ro-bondarevo
Maps=ro-odessa
Maps=ro-ogledow
Maps=ro-rakowice
Maps=ro-stalingradkessel
Maps=ro-tcherkassy
Maps=ro-zhitomir1941
Maps=RO-TractorWorks_50v4

[ROEngine.ROTeamGame]
WinLimit=2
RoundLimit=3
TimeLimit=0
PreStartTime=20
DeathMessageMode=DM_All
FFPunishment=FFP_Kick
FriendlyFireScale=1.000000
FFKillLimit=8
FFDamageLimit=800
FFArtyScale=0.200000
FFExplosivesScale=0.500000
bSpectateFirstPersonOnly=False
bSpectateLockedBehindView=False
bSpectateAllowViewPoints=True
bSpectateAllowRoaming=True
bSpectateAllowDeadRoaming=True
bAllowNonTeamChat=False
bSpectateBlackoutWhenDead=False
bSpectateBlackoutWhenNotViewingPlayers=False
NetWait=0
bForceRespawn=False
bAdjustSkill=True
bAllowTaunts=True
bAllowTrans=False
SpawnProtectionTime=0.000000
LateEntryLives=1
LoginMenuClass=ROInterface.ROUT2K4PlayerSetupPage
bAllowPrivateChat=True
bWeaponStay=True
bAllowWeaponThrowing=True
ResetTimeDelay=0
GoalScore=0
MaxLives=0

Last edited:
Upvote 0
As has been said repeatedly......
To make manual changes to the redorchestra.ini file, you must (in the following order):
1)STOP the server (the game)
2)Edit the file (download..edit..upload)
3)RESTART the server.

As you apparently don't use Ultra-edit or other automatic ftp capable file editing software, I would suggest that once you STOP the server, you should DOWNLOAD (ftp) the redorchestra.ini file, then edit it with notepad.exe on your home computer, save the file (make sure it does not have the .txt extension), then FTP the file to the game server and RESTART the game. To reiterate, if you simply edit the redorchestra.ini file while the server is still running, whatever changes you made will be overwritten the next time the server is stopped or a map changes.

You have no settings per map set in your map list. So that obviously is not the problem. When/if you add them, be sure to add them to every map in the list and in your case, every map in every map list. ;)

If you restart level in the webadmin and see that anything other than DM_Messages do not match your ini file, then the command line that starts the game server has different values than the ini. How you respond to that determines what values will be used. I would surmize that usually one would want the server to use the values found in the ini file. If you know that for most maps you will use a Roundlimit=3 and winlimit=2, then ask your game server host to change those values in the command line (if you don't have access to it). By default, the command line will override the ini file settings.....

the bDefaultToCurrentGameType=True is not the issue. Its just telling the vote handler to default to RO games.

I really think your problems can easily be narrowed down to (1)not stopping the server before downloading and editing the redorchestra.ini file and (2)not understanding how the command line is used when starting RO. Ask your game server host to show you how to make changes to the command line (or if they don't let you, ask them to).

Good luck

Floyd

Upvote 0
Well, I have the server company check the command line and they see nothing. They even tried to add a line to say something like roudlimit=3 and winlimit=2.

My fix action for maps automatically changing to one round is adding.......
?roundlimit=3?winlimit=2 after each map. Kind of a pain but it works. Perhaps down the road I will try and take it off and try again.

Thanks for you input. FYI, I was stopping the server and I was editing the ini using notepad.

Upvote 0