• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Beta Map RO-Debrecen beta2

check this out:
ro_debrecenB2.jpg

So i would like to know if this map passed the limits of my garphic board (geforce fx5900xt,128MB) or is it a bug?

With the setup you have you should be just about OK - but that is one cool bug. 'The Eye in the Sky' by Phillip K Dick, anyone?

BTW - this map is probably the best big tank map so far I my opinion - If you're a fan of 3-5 minutes of Chugga Chugga Wheedle Wheedle followed by Whooosh, Bonk! Respawn! then this does it better than any of the others so far. :D

It does seem, however, that the speed advantage that the Soviets have does tip the balance a bit much in their favour and that their advance spawn is a little too advanced.

Upvote 0
Again, awsome map!
Karl is right tho, you need 1 king tiger for historical accuracy, can't you add a burned out smoldering hulk of one for now? :p
It's funny how us non- modders are always begging for either huge new monster tanks or older light tanks (what i like). But it's the least we can do. :rolleyes:
But I realy appreciate your historical input karl!

About the map:
Some of the forest edges seem so "hard" could they be more like the edges in bdj? Not just for cover advantage, but also so I dont get hung up so ez when driving along side the woods sections.

my 2c!

Upvote 0
Keystone:
Been playing for 2 days and having a blast, both as Axis and Allies. Today I was part of a cool event as 5 German tanks (3 PzIVH and 2 Panthers) formed a gruppe and swept in staggered formation from Southwest Field to West field then up into the village. It was a very cool sight and made possible by good use of VOIP.
I agree with the suggestion on making some 'field' capzones bigger, as it seems silly to have multiple tanks clustered together to cap a zone when enemies are visible and lurking 1000m away.

Nice work. Screw the KT zealots. Let them make their own map. This one is pretty balanced. (although playing a solo IS-2 operator/gunner is pretty challenging due to the long reloads).
Oh, and my IS-2 got stuck/caught on a pair of britches hanging from the clothesline in the village. Now THAT's silly!:)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
There is one problem I have found with the map Keystone. It suffers from excessive amounts of lag, once the spawns move forward, and all of the tanks appear at the new spawn. This has occurred to many people that I have talked with. My PC Specification is pretty high as well, so its not down to that.

I have no idea what you can do to remedy this.

Upvote 0
Thought I would add a little more input after some intense fighting ln on this great map. (this was a non AB sever)

1: I would say things definately tilt toward the Russians (at least w/out AB), It's pretty even but the Germans can get severly "bottled up" just beyond thier original spawn point & just can't break out.
We had approx 30 players playing against the RTR crew, even #rs. Starting out as Germans we lost 2, then sides swapped & we won 2. Any way of allowing germans to flank left towards SW field more? Or fudge the cap points a bit?

2:I have seen allot of smoke abuse in the spawn areas, clowns just popin it off for no reason. If smoke does create lag, mby it should be only the commanders that have it? (server was a bit laggy) & crew get no nades.

3:invisible walls at the farm where helpfull to me, but prolly annoyed the guy shooting at me. (at the NE corner of the house). ;)

Upvote 0
I'm all the time here, and about that beta4 I don't know who let them make it I didn't give them permission... They could just asked me. They added another panther on my map instead of just playing with AB... I made this map just exactly for AB that would be finally balanced battle with AB. But they just still prefer stupid angling.

I would release next version but I'm waiting for AB 2.07. Amizaur made it long time ago but it need to test, and he's recently very busy.

T60 will do nothing on this map with AB.

Upvote 0
Ok this editing of other peoples maps have obviously gone way too far. The person who did this without even so much as ask should be ashamed of himself, and I hope the server admins are wise enough to remove this fake version from their rotation asap. Atleast let the man actually FINISH his map first before you start tampering with it, and even then you should ask him first and make it ABSOLUTELY clear that it is not an official version.

Upvote 0
Sorry, Keystone...didn't know Beta4 wasn't yours. I'll try to find out who has been messing with your map. :mad:
The Liga der Gentlemen server was running it yesterday.
In case you didn't know yet, he/they also added resupplies to WF and Farm.

What you mean, T-60 will do nothing with AB?
Have you ever seen one being effectively used in ROOst?
It can surprise an ememy completely, and finish him in around 20shots (20mm automatic cannon, 200rpm), before he can react.
It should also be great to clean objectives which hide infantry.
Or doesn't the AB-mutator touch the T-60?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Yesterday-evening, I played "beta4" on the Liga-der-Gentlemen server again, and asked if someone knew who made this version.
Some guy said that he thought that LdG did it themselves...that's all I could find out.
I said the Keystone wasn't very pleased with this, and that the least that they could do, is to also have his own Beta2 in the map-list (server has map-voting enabled).

There is a Debrecen-only server running, but that one has Beta2 (together with the AB-mutator).

Upvote 0
I don't care if they have Debrecen B2. They'll vote their map anyway beacuse B2 is not balanced without AB. I only wished to play this map with AB. I thought that people want some real tanking. But looks like they like that stupid stock RO tanking. I'm wondering then how they accept other new tank sim games in future when there won't be stupid angling like it's in RO.

Upvote 0
I don't care if they have Debrecen B2. They'll vote their map anyway beacuse B2 is not balanced without AB. I only wished to play this map with AB. I thought that people want some real tanking. But looks like they like that stupid stock RO tanking. I'm wondering then how they accept other new tank sim games in future when there won't be stupid angling like it's in RO.
yes your right GOOD post;) i love the AB style of fighting its real to life Guys all you have to do is keep your eyes open when you fight and kill the enemy first just like real war:p get the first shoot in:)

Upvote 0