• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

RO runs like crap..

havokie

FNG / Fresh Meat
May 31, 2007
Hi,

I just got RO. My problem - it runs like absolute crap. My specs are dated, but modest - P4 3.2Ghz, 1.5Gb Ram, 7600GT.

Even if I run the game at the lowest settings, I still get about 20fps...but it's the same on high and low, no real difference. It starts off with about 60-100 fps but then just plummets once anything happens on screen. Totally unplayable online basically.

Please don't suggest new drivers or that my card/hardware is bust - my other games, including the much newer and more intensive FEAR and Battlefield 2, run flawlessly at high settings. I've tried new drivers to no avail, and tried reinstalling the game. Please help...

Back to Day of Defeat if I can't solve this....:(

It starts off with about 60-100 fps but then just plummets once anything happens on screen. Totally unplayable online basically.

Your computer should run it fine if it starts up and plays a tiny bit above 50fps
Why it drops is the question.

with every other game running and a problem like that, I suggest deleting Ro and reinstalling it.

I have reinstalled bf2 quite a few times, with other games working fine...

RO is worth it :p

besides that i suggest

checking your display settings
verticle sync off
check if the aa and af are on application controlled or manually maxed out.

Check your processes.
Make sure your running the minimum of background applications

in ro, hdr bloom => off

Upvote 0
I've tried everything....

I get the same FPS on the lowest of low settings as I do on maxed out settings - so obviously something is restricting it, but I don't know what. V-Sync is not on, nor is AA or any AF.

I get 31fps on maxed out settings in kared? (or whatever that first map is called), and maybe ONE extra frame per second if I run at 320x200 with everything on off and on lowest. So it's not a question of horsepower to run the game, I just don't know what it is.

I've tried disabling all unnecessary programs running, tried reinstalling, new drivers, defragging, everything. And again, much newer and more intensive games like Fear and BF2 run perfectly...

Thanks for all the suggestions so far but still the same...:(

Upvote 0
I don't exactly know how Nvidia works, but with my ATI card, I can set the card to use the application (game) settings or override the game settings and use faster or higher quality settings set directly in the graphic drivers. Perhaps one of those is in conflict? Just a suggestion.

Your system is slightly better than mine, and I would suspect it should run a little better than mine. I get decent to good fps. RO is very cpu intensive and relies on that more than your graphic card.

Do you have a sound card or onboard sound? If onboard sound, it will be using some of your cpu for that. Suggest making sure you have the latest DX9. Would you have any antivirus running in the background that might be trying to autodownload? (mine sometimes does that and it pisses me off to no end no matter how many times I set it to manual in Admin Services) Also, just try running everything at medium settings till it is figured out. It has to be something overlooked that once found, will get everything running great.

Good luck and hope to see you in game!

Upvote 0