• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Beta Map RO-Kolno_Beta2

A map without snipers empowers the MGs. That is why a lack of snipers makes for more tactical play. There's more to the map than have the sniper camp somewhere and kill every MG the moment a tracer is seen.

I haven't played beta 2 yet, but if there are indeed 3 MGs to a side this needs to be rectified. 2 MGs per side seems like the sweet spot.

Upvote 0
sorry but I disagree, the sniper has to be very carefull, so does the MG, it's like that on all map except few and work well.

2 mg is fine on a map like stalingrad kessel where you can flank it, bu on Kolno it's easy to block youe ennemy with crossfire. I've done it yesterday and don't think the ennemies liked to be stuck at spawn exit without sniper to break the camp.

This game is balanced with normal classes, you don't need anything to change if the map does not allow it. Smolensk has the same problem.
and actually it's 3 mg, what is way too much, the river looks like omaha beach sometimes.

Upvote 0
Kolno Beta 2 is off the Splat server due to the spawn bug error that prevents Allies spawning despite having sufficient reinforcements.

We will review at Beta3.

We also polled to see what version people prefered:
Approx values were:
Beta 1 70%
Beta 2 0%
No Kolno at all. 30%

Reasons behind the dislikes were
New spawn position (Allies).
Bugs.
Errors.
Weapon load outs MG's allies and axis.

Positive feedback was increased reinforcements.

We may reinstall Beta 1 whilst we await next update.

Upvote 0
After playing this version of the map a few times...

- I did prefer the previous sky and lighting to this one.
- That trench near the initial Russian spawn seems a bit out of place, and an obstacle to the Russians who spawn and either fall in it when trying to jump it, or get stuck going around it. I think the wall in the first version was much more appropriate.
- Really miss the pistol when I am an MGer, even though it shows up on the screen when selecting classes. I honestly must say, I really prefer the stock class settings.

Other than that, I like the fighting that goes on in the central area of the map. Was always lots of tough fun.

Upvote 0
I'm willing to try another beta of this map, rolling back to first version and updating it from there. Other than the reinforcements level and the mill windows bug, could some people give me about five or so changes they think the first beta needs for a good update.

I still like the new soviet line from beta 2, some very intense combat there. The only suggestion I have is make cover the right hieght for riflemen to rest their guns. As well give grenades to smg's not riflemen if you are limiting grenades.

Upvote 0