• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

More new content in development - Carpathian Crosses media update!

Very cool, I was wondering when more Axis were going to be added in some fashion. This game is about the Eastern Front after all. I'd love to see the day all of them are added: Romanians, Hungarians, Italians, and Finnish. There are very little games that portray Germany's other allies on this front, other than strategy games like Combat Mission.

Upvote 0
Id like a choice of forces on whatever map the Romanians are on. You should avoid 'forgotten hope' type situations where you have the Italians as the only fighters in Tobruk. Maps with Romanians v. Germans should be rare, as most actions were done against the Hungarians, but most of the war Romania was an Axis nation and we all know what happened to Romania after the war (which eventually turned into the Stalinist Nicolae Ceauşescu dictatorship)

When I first got into reenacting, I did Romanian. At the time I owned no firearms, so it was a little odd. I also wore an original tunic (bit small on me).

One SMG the Romanians had almost exclusive use of was the MP41, which was actually rare in German use. In the 'buffer area' between the end of the Romanian sector and the German sector (which was based in Odessa), the MP41 was a common arm.

After the Germans and the Romanians, the next biggest front would be the Finns. I noticed one of the custom maps 'added' them, but they are just Germans carrying Russian arms (not totally accurate - the most common Finnish weapon was the old M91, and later the M28 and M39 - not Soviet M91/30s).

Finns wouldnt be a hard add - their battle dress is similar to Germany and many were issued M35 German helmets purchased through Hungary. They produced their own Lugers (The Finn Lugers are currently the most common Lugers for sale in Gun shops), and used a mix of Russian and German tanks/assault guns (esp the STUG III)

The 'accurate' Forgotten Hope attempted to add Finns, but got so much wrong it was laughable. (not to mentioning censoring the Finnish swastika, still in use with the Finnish Air Force)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
most common Finnish weapon was the old M91, and later the M28 and M39 - not Soviet M91/30s).

Finns wouldnt be a hard add - their battle dress is similar to Germany and many were issued M35 German helmets purchased through Hungary. They produced their own Lugers (The Finn Lugers are currently the most common Lugers for sale in Gun shops), and used a mix of Russian and German tanks/assault guns (esp the STUG III)

The 'accurate' Forgotten Hope attempted to add Finns, but got so much wrong it was laughable. (not to mentioning censoring the Finnish swastika, still in use with the Finnish Air Force)

/ bit of correction. Not derailing the thread:)

Lots of arms that were captured in winter war were used in continuation war. So a lot of M91/30s were also used, though modified M91s were more numerous. Best and most wanted rifles in Finnish army were finnish made rifles, like M28 and M39. Old modified M91s were moved to not so important troops, when better rifles were available.

On the whole finnish army used very much of captured weapons, like DP-27s, SVTs and for example tanks.

There were some similarities in German and Finnish field uniforms, but I wouldn

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Just to let you know, this was a time issue (I'm a beta tester for their mods, FH1 and FH2). Only one individual worked on the finns and completed one map, but left the team or something. The team's focus was elsewhere and they also opted to censor the swastika, because some of the devs (and many players) live in Germany.

Anyways, yes, it would be very interesting for authentic Finnish things to be added in their own maps. As I was saying before, the Eastern Front needs more attention (many nations fought) and most WWII games focus on the Western Front, which has been done to death.

Upvote 0