• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Beta Map RO-Zhitomir1941 Beta 3

This week is started to work on the final version
The final version will have some big changes.

On most publics servers the Komsomol appartment is lost in
1 or 2 minutes. Most of the time caused by pubs who doesn't
defend the capzone and just run to kill some.

However it's possible that a small Russian team can give the Germans
a hard time capping the Komsomol which make the gameplay very stale.

This problem is solved in the final version. And a pity i didn't noticed this before.
The Komsomol has got a better entrance for Axis now.
Unfortunatly this will make it get capped in 30 seconds cause it don't see a change in public gameplay.

Don't know how and don't see no reason to make it so that even a retard understands he has
to defend the Komsomol at the start of the game.....

The Basement capzone is made a tad smaller cause even that capzone
most of the time is lost in seconds.

I don't have plans to change the Krasnaya Appartments
I didn't bump in any problems there.

It will have more defensive opportunities in the Churchpark
I like the fights in that area and in my opinion it's lost to soon in the
beta 3 version. So the Allies will have more opportunities to hide and use
the Church itself to cover that area. And the capzone is moved more towards the church.

The Warehouse capzone is smaller and more defined.
There is more cover in that area to. The Axis now really have to push into the Warehouse
area and keep the Russians away.

More changes:

Another sky and light
Some custom Soviet propaganda stuff
Some more reinforcements

Some other light settings

3n.jpg

4n.jpg

5n.jpg

6n.jpg

f11.jpg

f9.jpg

Upvote 0
I got to say I absolutley love this map probably one of the best custom maps for RO that I have played since...

...since forever.

Only thing I would wish for (and I might be late as usual) is a bit more stuff in the appartments (furniture etc) otherwise I think it's a really good map and pretty well balanced if you play agianst a team that knows what they are doing.

Upvote 0
I got to say I absolutley love this map probably one of the best custom maps for RO that I have played since...

...since forever.

Only thing I would wish for (and I might be late as usual) is a bit more stuff in the appartments (furniture etc) otherwise I think it's a really good map and pretty well balanced if you play agianst a team that knows what they are doing.

I always knew and never lost the faith that eventually i would bump into more people with good taste.... :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
Prepare for the final Svedberg

Upvote 0
Have finished a final test file.

Although some people did not like the nades I decided to leave the nades as i like them.
I'm a nadewhore and i don't like it how other mappers change the classes and take a way the nades
I have changed the supply areas a longer time to renew.

The changes so far

- Other lightning and sky.
- Tweaked reinforcements.
- Better entrance to the Komsomol.
- Smaller Basement capzone
- More cover at the Church park.
- Side entrance in Church
- More defense possibilities at the Churchpark.
- Smaller Warehouse capzone ( might work might not work that's why we test) :wink:
- More spawns for 44 slot servers.
- Added 2 nice dramatic Russian WW2 songs in the new area.

Used songs: Music

The new Churchpark defense areas

ff1.jpg

ff2.jpg

ff3.jpg

new1.jpg

new2.jpg

Upvote 0
Keep it up

Keep it up

I'm no big fan of Waterovko, but maybe I have'nt played it enough or with good enough players.:rolleyes:
Lazur is a very good map, but the Zhitomir maps are great. I love em. :D

Sry for offtopic, just want you to know that we really enjoy your work. (at least me, Mike and the Splat guys)

Looking forward to your next project. (After you finish Zhitomirs of course);)

Edit: and dont listen to those who complain about nade spamming. If you want it realistic, every soldier should have like 5 nades each. (or 1 at of 10 have 50 nades) RO is not realistic, its fun. Thats why we only have 2. Why is that so hard to understand?

So keep the nades in your future projects. Just want you to know that we like nades too....

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Finally got a chance to play the latest version on the 50 man server. Pretty intense.

Only played two games, but it seemed like a superhuman effort was required for the Germans to win. It seems more players help the defense....

Just a suggestion if the above holds true. Lower the Russian reinforcements a bit, so it forces (some of them anyway) to play more conservatively and maybe fall back once in a while. Also/or maybe move the Russian spawns back just a bit so they have a little farther to go. After the Germans finally got to and captured the Krasnaja, it fell immediately back into Russian hands.

Really like the additions I saw to that 50 player version with the new changes to the Komsomol. Never made it past the Krasnaja, so I can't comment more on it.

Nice work!

Upvote 0
The Kranaya guide

The Kranaya guide

On a second note the most common mistake Germans made is once they cap
the Krasnaya Appartement they forget to clear it.

As an example it goes like this. Axis cap the Krasny and celebrate this cap on
their way out to the park. Meanwhile isolated Russians are still nipping vodka
on the 2th floor.

So while Axis run to the Churchpark and hardly any Axis decide to guard the
backdoor to kill attacking Russians the vodka nipping Soviets on the 2th floor
automaticly cap it back. So clear the appartment, guard it and head on.

Wasn't this how soldiers act in this war. Clear buildings and guard them.....
I promised to give realism, it's here right in your eyes. Realism isn't only in a
mapname,timeperiod,weapon loadout,weather or Whatever. Realism can be
found in the way you play the game......

Greets Drecks the Diciple of realism :)

Upvote 0
On a second note the most common mistake Germans made is once they cap
the Krasnaya Appartement they forget to clear it.

As an example it goes like this. Axis cap the Krasny and celebrate this cap on
their way out to the park. Meanwhile isolated Russians are still nipping vodka
on the 2th floor.

So while Axis run to the Churchpark and hardly any Axis decide to guard the
backdoor to kill attacking Russians the vodka nipping Soviets on the 2th floor
automaticly cap it back. So clear the appartment, guard it and head on.

Wasn't this how soldiers act in this war. Clear buildings and guard them.....
I promised to give realism, it's here right in your eyes. Realism isn't only in a
mapname,timeperiod,weapon loadout,weather or Whatever. Realism can be
found in the way you play the game......

Greets Drecks the Diciple of realism :)

97752185jn0.gif

Upvote 0
After playing this map for about 2 hours as Russian. Winning 1 losing 7.

Russians don't have enough reinforcements, we killed at a ratio about 1.5/1. And we still had enormous trouble with reinforcements. There is about zero room for error. The one round we won we ran out of reinforcments at the end even though we were annihalating them.

The broken hole on the right side basically makes the Church cap indefensible. A sniper will clip and abuse that spot like no other, along with an mg makes them dominate that objective.

The warehouse cap zone has that hotel taht the germans can cap from on the right, that should be removed. Doesn't make sense why a team should be able cap an objective outside of it's physical location.

The cap zones are ill-defined, and extremely expansive. This leads to small scale firefights, and fun times of camping doorways.

The random arty lands practically on the russian spawn after they cap appartments, in our match we had two occasions where 5 members of our team were blown up by random artillery.

The broken room on krasnaya allows for caps, again this doesn't make sense how a team could cap an objective without attmepting to clear it.

A lot of the spawn protection makes no sense. Many times I was in the first appartments and I couldn't use windows because they were spawn protected.

The sandbags facing out of basement toward the Russian spawn should be removed, all it does is allow for an mg is to sit behind and camp reinforcements. I don't see why any side would make sandbags that would aide the opposite side.

The sharp 90 angles by warehouse allow the germans to advance without getting shot, and enables them to get in grenade range. As well as making it relativly simple to get in the hotel to cap. Not sure how you can change this without changing the German spawn location.

The overall paradox I found with this map is that it is designed for the Russians to stay in defensible locations such as doorways and sandbags but wtih the way cap zones are placed the Russians needs to assault the Germans because they can cap without ever actually clearing the cap zone. This means that you basically need to run and toss grenades down hallways where riflemen are clipping, and hope to kill llike 10 of them hiding in the same place.

I don't think having cap zones placed in all floors is a good idea either, as someone can just hide somewhere and still count as a body in the cap zone.

In the rounds I played the Russians did not win once when the Germans captured Church Park negating the Krasnaya objective. Three straight rounds we lost with about 4-5 minutes on the clock because we had no reinforcements. The round we won we held Krasnaya the whole time and held the First Appartments for about 6 minutes.

Upvote 0
After playing this map for about 2 hours as Russian. Winning 1 losing 7.

Russians don't have enough reinforcements, we killed at a ratio about 1.5/1. And we still had enormous trouble with reinforcements. There is about zero room for error. The one round we won we ran out of reinforcments at the end even though we were annihalating them.

The broken hole on the right side basically makes the Church cap indefensible. A sniper will clip and abuse that spot like no other, along with an mg makes them dominate that objective.

The warehouse cap zone has that hotel taht the germans can cap from on the right, that should be removed. Doesn't make sense why a team should be able cap an objective outside of it's physical location.

The cap zones are ill-defined, and extremely expansive. This leads to small scale firefights, and fun times of camping doorways.

The random arty lands practically on the russian spawn after they cap appartments, in our match we had two occasions where 5 members of our team were blown up by random artillery.

The broken room on krasnaya allows for caps, again this doesn't make sense how a team could cap an objective without attmepting to clear it.

A lot of the spawn protection makes no sense. Many times I was in the first appartments and I couldn't use windows because they were spawn protected.

The sandbags facing out of basement toward the Russian spawn should be removed, all it does is allow for an mg is to sit behind and camp reinforcements. I don't see why any side would make sandbags that would aide the opposite side.

The sharp 90 angles by warehouse allow the germans to advance without getting shot, and enables them to get in grenade range. As well as making it relativly simple to get in the hotel to cap. Not sure how you can change this without changing the German spawn location.

The overall paradox I found with this map is that it is designed for the Russians to stay in defensible locations such as doorways and sandbags but wtih the way cap zones are placed the Russians needs to assault the Germans because they can cap without ever actually clearing the cap zone. This means that you basically need to run and toss grenades down hallways where riflemen are clipping, and hope to kill llike 10 of them hiding in the same place.

I don't think having cap zones placed in all floors is a good idea either, as someone can just hide somewhere and still count as a body in the cap zone.

In the rounds I played the Russians did not win once when the Germans captured Church Park negating the Krasnaya objective. Three straight rounds we lost with about 4-5 minutes on the clock because we had no reinforcements. The round we won we held Krasnaya the whole time and held the First Appartments for about 6 minutes.

Dpeepan, Thanks but a little to late the map is out for months now.
And a passed station for me....

Upvote 0