• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Nazi Maus Tank

Status
Not open for further replies.

King_Tiger_Tank

FNG / Fresh Meat
Feb 26, 2007
Hey I was wondering if anyone has ever heard of the gargantuan Nazi Maus Tank? Well if you havent you cant just google "Maus Tank" or go to wikipedia.org and check out the size of this mother.
Ok so my question is if the Maus is going to be introduced into Red Orchestra?

heres a pic of this gagantuan ****load of steel

maustank.jpg

Lollers :D

I dont think that tank ever made it out of the factory. Though it would be funny to here the russian side's comments as they try to destroy it and can't.

Course youll get them on here asking for that russian three turret land battleship tank, or even the flying tank (someone posted a pic o a tank with wings and some props. :p

Upvote 0
Lollers :D

I dont think that tank ever made it out of the factory. Though it would be funny to here the russian side's comments as they try to destroy it and can't.

Course youll get them on here asking for that russian three turret land battleship tank, or even the flying tank (someone posted a pic o a tank with wings and some props. :p
I believe there were two working prototypes( though one didn't have a gun I think) that made it out of the factory, one broke down and captured I think, and the other was scuttled by the Germans when it broke down.

Upvote 0
And it's not a "Nazi" tank, just German tank, panzer, etc.. will do. The tank is not a member of the Nazi party.

Yes, the tank is German not part of the NSDAP. It does not have the free will to join a political party.

Will this be introdued into RO? No, probably not but it is a very beautiful design a good tank for a what if kind of mod or something. In any case I will model a static mesh of this beast eventually.

Maus #1 broke down a mile from the Kummdersdorf facility and was then blown up by the crew.

There was a tank design that the Germans built that fought its way through a factory killed several (30?) soviet (or allied) tanks before it ran out of ammuntion and had to be destroyed was this the Maus?

Upvote 0
Every time one of these threads comes up my response is:

"Yeah, great - model a supertank and add it to the game. It will do wonders for gameplay. Everyone will be thrilled to have a Maus/King Tiger/T-35 in-game. Even if they aren't one of the two players per server that get to drive the mammoth e-penor.

And just to balance the thing, we can add carpet bombing of the German spawns - it would require every bit as much skill to do and add just as much pleasure to the game."

:rolleyes:

Upvote 0
Every time one of these threads comes up my response is:

"Yeah, great - model a supertank and add it to the game. It will do wonders for gameplay. Everyone will be thrilled to have a Maus/King Tiger/T-35 in-game. Even if they aren't one of the two players per server that get to drive the mammoth e-penor.

And just to balance the thing, we can add carpet bombing of the German spawns - it would require every bit as much skill to do and add just as much pleasure to the game."

:rolleyes:

QFE.

Although the T-35 would be a BIT more realistic than the Maus (although every bit as impractical and pointless to add).

Personally, I don't htink we need any more superduperOOPER tanks. I'd rather have more focus on early war gear such as:

- Pz II
- Pz 38(t)
- Hetzer
- Marder
- T-26
- T-28
- BT-7 (coming with later version of Berezina)
- T-70
- More stationary AT guns.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.