• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Map Contest Winners!!

Congrats to Xenny-baby, DrGuppy-baby, and Slyk-baby!

It's clear that the Devs really emphasize that with 16 players per side, the size and complexity of a map must be relatively small to maintain the intensity of combat that they are looking for. Realism in scale and layout are great, but I don't think they like the lack of density of players that Slyk's maps have, and Leningrad's debatable tank situation must have just kept it out of first place. I'm sure the arguments between the judges were fierce and long, like a good round on any of these maps.

Once again, thanks to everyone who works and works and works on maps for RO--every little contribution helps!

Upvote 0
Just so you guys know a little on how we judged the maps (I might expand this later). We had 9 catagories we judged maps on. Each could get a score between 0 and 10. Each dev member filled this out for each map, then at the end we combined it. So a map could be exceptional in one area, but fail in another catagory very easily.

Upvote 0
Congrats to the winners. Only one (Leningrad) was in my top 3 but the winners are quality maps none-the-less. I've posted the results to the community vote here and I'd say it's apparent there's a difference in opinion as to the type of maps the community at large (or at least the ones that voted) like compared to the official judges.

Upvote 0