• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

RELEASE: Armored Beasts Beta 2.0

Can't get the mutator to work in practice mode.
Where do i put wich file ?

I put them in the next folders: .uax goes in sounds.
.u and .ucl goes in system.

Doesnt work in practice mode like this.

Make sure its loaded......

This goes into the command line and/or batch file;

ArmoredBeastsLite.ArmoredBeastsLiteMut

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Asking for server name changes is not a solution. All you actually have to do is read the Server Settings and Values after you highlight the server name in the RO MP Server browser.......;)

Well it is a solution for server owners. I understand that for people who rent a server this might be a problem. But selecting a server and read what mod it is running is indeed what has to be done now. And that is my problem that method takes allot of time. And asking is not a solution, it is more a proposal for a problem, the solution comes from the server owners. At least from my point of view ;)

Talking about possible solutions, in the filter there is an option for mutators, but it is not selectable. Any idear if this can be used in some way

Upvote 0
Great job with that mutator!
It is really needed - today I was unable to take out Panzer IV H under 400m frontally with the IS2 only being able to aim at the turret (hit it two times, NO impact), so your mutator should remove such frustrating moments.

PS.: I'm happy that such a versatile coder took over. :)

Upvote 0
PS.: I'm happy that such a versatile coder took over. :)

Thanks, but in fact I'm a very poor coder, and the changes in mut are really very basic currently. After I knew how to compile a mut, the coding took me actually 3 nights, most of this time took finding how to do something (distinguish turret hits, read turret rotation). The rest of the time was testing (and playing a bit with code to find how to do some other things that are not yet in mut). All this on somebody else's code, in a language I don't know at all (Unreal Script). So... I think that for devs who know Unreal very well, to make those changes in their own code, it would took a few HOURS, followed by a day or two of testing - if they wanted to. Excluding maybe the faster projectiles, which we don't know yet if they are causing any collision detection problems. So please report any instances of tank shells coming trough tanks without colliding, while playing with the mut.
Also you would have this mut few months ago already, if anyone helped me then, when I was asking for few very basic Unreal things (how to compile a mut, how to write main replacement mutator script). I guess everyone just treated me like another "have a great mod idea" guy :)

Upvote 0
Quite possible, then we return to reduced speed. Personally never treated this as a big issue, if the trajectory is correct. Makes firing litttle to easy, but it's not a tragedy.
I noticed quite often collision detection failures, when projectile was detected on the other side of the vehicle - even with 0.5 speed setting. All I could do, was to ensure that when collision occurs on the wrong side, I get correct strike angle anyway (those two sides are pararel usually). With increased speed, it happens a little more often, but I'm yet to see complete passing trough without collision.
Anyway it should happen to PTRD most often, doesn't seem to be slowed down at all in stock game and the bullet is rather fast... if it uses the same collision type as tank shells of course.

edit: grr, just my GFX card emited smoke and ceased to work - third time... :-E Only good thing is that I have an old GF2 as emergency replacement... But won't play too much before it returns from service... And just few hours ago I was enjoying a play as an MG gunner on a server with a mut that removes tracer ammo from infantry MGs - noticed that manning such weapon (MG without tracers giving away your position and alerting the target) you are something like a God on an big open map... :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0