• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Server Options for server Admins in future patches

Well with the mapping contest now well under way the whiff of a new patch is tantalisingly wafting through the community and once again I must ask the TW devs to please look at the many great suggestions in this thread with a view to trying to implement some of them into the new patch that will come our way in the near future.

Please fellas try to help your Admins out a little by seriously looking into what you can and can't do with the ideas that have been put forward by so many RO Admins in this thread and others.

Fingers crossed...:D

Upvote 0
Is there a ingame admin board i.e like for Cod 2 they have ingame rcon tools for I.e changing maps changing gametype a weapons etc etc checking I.d all that instead off haveing to either manually right the commands in or come out off game to use the webadmin that way the control off the server in my opinion would be greater..

I dont think it would be hard to make (couldnt do it myself but poss speak to the guys that have made them for Cod 2 etc might be able to code for another gametype) If is the case it will just be a d/load that is ti the ini file etc.

Upvote 0
there aren't that many games that support dual cpu for the server side. Don't even know if Unreal engine 3 will support it. Sure it will support multiple cpus for the client but for the server? dunno might be terrible to sync.

BF2/2142 and COD2 both support multiple CPUs on the server side - probably other games as well I'm not aware of. It's not that uncommon, and makes tons of players quite enjoyable. RO being based on a 3+ year old engine it's not surprising it only supports single CPU. But I can hope can't I...

Upvote 0
BF2/2142 and COD2 both support multiple CPUs on the server side - probably other games as well I'm not aware of. It's not that uncommon, and makes tons of players quite enjoyable. RO being based on a 3+ year old engine it's not surprising it only supports single CPU. But I can hope can't I...

Mmmm I am not aware of CoD2 supporting more than a single thread and therefore a single CPU?

BF2 runs on 5 threads but again does not support multiple CPU's and RO runs on 4 threads but alas again all on a single CPU...

We run a multiple CPU server but have found none of the above running on more than 1 CPU.

We are about to install another server which will be dual CPU and dual core which will allow us to expand our game servers and allow us to meet the future needs of our clan with the more intensive engines and games that will be released over the next year or two...I certainly hope that game developers make full use of the multi chip, multi core servers now available this would really allow not only clans but also server providers some real power to provide even better quality servers for their members and customers...here's hoping?

Upvote 0