• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Next Patch = Huge?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the next patch will be okay, not mind blowing (no mantling over obstacles, no penetration, etc.). Since we have no news of Tripwire hiring dozens of new people for a major UE3 programming push, I think they trying a little at RO stuff, Ramm-Jaeger is diddling with UE3, but most of the time they are playing Wii Sports in the office.

Where are pics of the Tripwire Miis?

Upvote 0
For me it sums up how great a game RO is when I read this thread and realise that I rarely think about patches or updates as I'm having so much fun NOW! :) Sure there are a few things I'd like improving (mainly the way MGs pivot, deploy and supress and a better looking-over-cover system ala Vietcong) but since these are so minor I must say I am one happy camper!

...new Tripwire map never goes amis though...quality stuff!;)

Upvote 0
It would really be a shame to drop support for such a great game, even with a "new" game and engine coming out. Please consider NOT dropping support of this great game, as another developer named Activision has done with their fiasco. I agree that there are so many minor game improvements and tweaks to discontinue support in the forseeable future, not to mention the worthwhile addition of a few different vehicles, or weapons for that matter. How about the Panzerschreck for one? How about the RSO truck or Horsch command car which is already modeled in some maps?
Another idea to continue support would be to pick up on these great full modification projects underway or near completion (Darkest Hour, Carpathian Crosses, Mare Nostrum), hire these great devs as part of your team, or at least pay them for their projects, and release these mods as "add-on" packs, much like BF2.
Here's hoping TW changes their mind about dropping support for RO AFTER 2008.....

Upvote 0
You guys seem to forget that the devs are human and that they get to spend some time with family etc. during the holidays ;)

What ??? LIES.... They are Coding Machines, Programs creating Programs.:D
If you will excuse me, I will be escaping from the Matrix now.

Our own internal schedule for support for RO:O goes till the end of 2007 and a tad into 2008. I will say this though. We have gotten behind on our schedule a tad. Support has not dropped nor been scaled down for RO:O yet.

Parts of the next patch have been in testing for some time, however like I said, something have taken us longer then we expected (for the next patch and for other things). Which has thrown our schedule off what we had originally planned. Not to mention the holidays which we didn't factor into our plans (oops), or everybody getting sick (twice), also not part of the plan.... Curse us for not forseeing sickness!

Things are underway here, just not as fast as we, or obviously the community, would like.

Machines do not get sick !!

ok... now on the serious side.
I just want to wish you guys the best.

The Good people in this community will always recognize you're hard work even if we are all so very curious.
Good luck with all you're plans

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.