• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Next Patch = Huge?

Status
Not open for further replies.
yea..ever since they "fixed" the weapon switch this game has kinda gone downhill. a new patch is way long overdue. one would hope this fabled new patch to come out before the above mentioned mods

Yeah, I know what you mean, I have stopped playing completely because of the weapon switch. The game is so completely unplayable after that. I was so upset, I haven't made any posts at all in the forums since either... :rolleyes:

Upvote 0
Ya i know what you mean, i hate how the new weapon pickup now stops me from playing the entire game exactly the same way that i could before it was changed :rolleyes:

Damn you Tripwire!

Still, it hasn't added anything has it (except its now 1 ammo pouch per gun)? All that hard work (and the lag bug) and people just play the same way they used to - throw the weapon then pick up the new one so the old weapon doesn't land near the ammo for the new gun. In fact I would say this system is even worse for new players - they constantly switch from one gun to the other as they try to get ammo.

Why not just have the ammo tied to the gun (not literally :D) so that when you press use next to the gun you automatically grab the ammo too and make it take a couple of seconds for realism reasons. Or just revert to the old way - throw weapon then press use. Or make the old gun land a decent distant from where you pressed use on the new weapon. Or have 2 use buttons - one for weapons and one for items (panzerfausts, ammo etc)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Our own internal schedule for support for RO:O goes till the end of 2007 and a tad into 2008. I will say this though. We have gotten behind on our schedule a tad. Support has not dropped nor been scaled down for RO:O yet.

Parts of the next patch have been in testing for some time, however like I said, something have taken us longer then we expected (for the next patch and for other things). Which has thrown our schedule off what we had originally planned. Not to mention the holidays which we didn't factor into our plans (oops), or everybody getting sick (twice), also not part of the plan.... Curse us for not forseeing sickness!

Things are underway here, just not as fast as we, or obviously the community, would like.

bah if youre sick you can work from your bed :p;)
but honestly, take all the time you need :)

Upvote 0
I dont know if anyone else has been thinking this but with the next patch so long in development I'm starting to think theres something special goin down. Like I have heard about hoodless sights on k98s, but that couldnt take so long so, any thoughts or something? If someone has any info on patch at all, pray tell. I'm anxious.

btw, feel free to move this or merge with another thread.

I'm having a feeling that the next big patch is more like a next big game =D. What I want is an announcement and some media, then I'll be drooling and incredibly hooked to watching for updates.

Upvote 0
what i wana see, hrm stugbug/subug fixed, programmable weapon switches, no more rockabybabie in a tank when the mg is fired, slowed down weapon switching, no more F#### instaswitch, proper grenade fuses(why does my pineapple feel like it takes 8 seconds instead of 4 ?), to play with dingbat again. (heh them was good times back when the game came out dingbat, cept back then you had a higher score then me :D )

oh yeah, and if possible, take that there armor beasts mut, and include it in RO but give server hosts the option to turn it on or off, because for tank realism, it feels nicer then regular RO.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.