• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Best thing I've played in ages!

jonny211

Nov 7, 2006
Being an old gimmer I normally stick to my strategy games..... but this is fantastic. Downloaded from Steam last night and didn't get to bed until 1am. Addictive stuff and my apologies in advance for any team kills, I see a moving head and just blast away!

Cheers & see you in the field!

Jon

LOL. It was the onlt time I hot something with the bolt action rifle - I've found the ppsh smg even harder to control, blasted a few walls and ceilings before being killed.

Love the Panzerfausts though, hiding in the grass and hoping not to get run over then up I pop and send a rocket into the sunset before being machine gunned. More practice I think!

Upvote 0
yah eits like drugs we say, zee first is good, but then you want more mooar moooaarrr!!!

lols
pretty much the first time you get in a server and see some team action where half your team has mics, and youve got an active team commander. then you will never be able to go back to another game. coordinated teamwork PWNZORS!

o yea, welcome to the forums an all that jazz, im sure youl enjoy the forums and learn alot about bullets, penetration, tanks armor, and lots of other ww2 stuff, as we seem to have a slight historian crowd(and then theres the imposters like myself who just use wikipedia.org), an its nice to have em in a dispute.

Upvote 0
Many thanks, I used my mic and headset last night... felt a bit of a plank saying 'tank ahead bla de bla' when the wife was next door. Could hear others using the mics but all that came through was distortion... have to find out what thats about.

Still finding it hard, the smg's are a nightmare to aim!

Upvote 0
try resting those smg's on something, like sandbags. also dont try to spray it to much, but controlled short bursts. this, and resting your weapon, will work wonders. :)

one tip though :D dont immediately go for the commander or sniper class if you dont really know yet how to use them, because usually those can make or break a game, well, maybe not so much the sniper but the commander really can:)

oh, and welcome ;)

Upvote 0
Set voip to use more bandwidth in the game options. That might sort out the distortion you get. Something else I do is turn the voip volume right up to max, and effects volume right down to near the minimum - then you can hear people really well even when arties going off nearby

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Welcome!

And I hear you about the teamkills, just apologise and it's fine, you'll learn to differentiate as you go. You know, people say "All the best shots are teamkills", and they're right. One time on Arad, I was a Russian anti-tank soldier, and I was in North Village firing at a Panzer when one of my tanker buddies destroyed it, but I didn't see a death message so I guessed the crew bailed out, I saw a sliver of movement (this must have been 800 metres away), so I aimed the AT gun carefully and fired. Believe it or not, I got the guy! Sadly, it was my combat engineer. :eek:

Upvote 0
"All the best shots are teamkills"

That's so true.
I remember once in the late mod days I had crawled up on the roofs of the houses at village center in Jucha (old official map that didn't make it to Ostfront). Towards the entrance to the church objective close to the exit of the allied spawn I see what I think is the tip of a helmet (was like 0,5 pixles big :p ) I take a shot with my STG (I normally use it on single fire mode) and I hit. Unfortunally that helmet belonged to one of my team mates >.<. Nices shot I have ever made even got compliments for it being a nice shot from the guy I killed when he found out where I was hiding :rolleyes:.

Anyway welcome jonny211

Upvote 0
Being an old gamer, I normally stick to my strategy games..... but this is fantastic. Downloaded from Steam last night and didn't get to bed until 1am. Addictive stuff and my apologies in advance for any team kills, I see a moving head and just blast away!

Cheers & see you in the field!

Jon

Welcome to the most gripping, realistic FPS you'll ever get into. It did and still does the very same things to me..

RO is the best so far. :)

Upvote 0
Many thanks, I used my mic and headset last night... felt a bit of a plank saying 'tank ahead bla de bla' when the wife was next door.
You should see the looks my wife gives me when she is sat in the office and I'm yelling "Panzer 4! Panzer 4! You've got a KV on your left! YOUR LEFT! Ah **** never mind..." :)

Upvote 0