• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Grenade Discussion (Merged About 3000 Times)

Lemur, I'm sure that in real life you personally can't throw very far, but these guys are soldiers who are used to physical work, not skinny gamers with atrophied muscles and vitamin-D deficiency like some of us...

Dont be silly:rolleyes: or are you taking the piss, well if your serious with that comment it may interest you to know that we're not all skinny gamers you can be physically fit and play games.

Upvote 0
The distances don't bother me. The precision accuracy does.

Yeah, that's a problem too.

What also bugs me is how quickly someone can switch to grenades and then their primary weapon. If that time were increased I think we'd see a decrease in nade spam, and an overall increase in realism.

Time for a Grenade Suggestions thread...

Upvote 0
No. Throwing distance is fine.

Those age old 'spam' comments need to be looked at in context. It's due to map design. You build a tiny three street map (narrow streets at that) and all of a sudden grenades become highly effective. A tiny three street map with little rooms you can go in, sounds like grenade heaven to me... which is how I'm sure they dealt with similar situations in WWII. They certainly didnt insist on nice little rifle battles.

You dont see 'spam' on Berezina. You dont see 'spam' on Barashka. It's the environment that leads to the nades effectiveness. All I can say is 'think ahead of the nade'. The nades might as well be taken out of the game if they are nerfed any more.

Upvote 0
No. Throwing distance is fine.Those age old 'spam' comments need to be looked at in context. It's due to map design. You build a tiny three street map (narrow streets at that) and all of a sudden grenades become highly effective. A tiny three street map with little rooms you can go in, sounds like grenade heaven to me...

An astute observation...:)

The easiest solution I suppose for players like myself that detest grenade battles is to simply avoid those maps when there are enough players on them to have the map degenerate into a "frag spam fest".

I know I left the server when DoD Avalanche came up for that very reason , can do it in RO as well.

Upvote 0
What really bothers me is how freaking useless the underarm toss is. It literally drops it at your feet. I've tried lobbing hte nade over small fences with the underarm, and it plops the nade down right on top of the fence and it explodes in my face. Grenades also really need to roll more.
YES! the nades need to roll on the ground. ya maybe if in real life if you throw it in dirt it might not roll very far, but it would not stick in the ground like in the game

Upvote 0
Had such a horrible night on Odessa last night it was like a bunch of DoD Avalanche refugees..grenades flyng everywhere.

Like Rez said, it's all about map design, which is in my opinion the biggest weakness of RO.

Odessa is a particularly stinky POS. It rewards cheap tactics more than any other map I've played. In fact, the better the players are, the less fun you'll have on that map.

Upvote 0