• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Grenade Discussion (Merged About 3000 Times)

Sichartshofen, are you sure that that is what is actually happening? I have never seen a halftrack get taken out by a grenade that lands outside of it. I have, however, killed many half-track crew and passengers by lobbing well-cooked F1 grenades in to the top.
I'm sure. I will be driving with the hatch closed and will be the only one killed when a grenade explodes outside the vehicle.

Upvote 0
I've killed MANY a half track just by tossing a nade near or under it. It could be an issue where the driver has his slits open but the nade tosser doesn't notice.

That's not it. You can even kill them with nades from a position where the fact that they are "unbuttoned" wouldn't even matter (no direct LOS to a window).

Not to mention that the GUNNER never dies, and he's standing up and exposed far more than the driver is.

This is definately a bug.

Upvote 0
Well it really depends, the only time that I have ever gotten somone in a tank or halftrack was with the Russian grenade. I think what most people are doing is cooking the grenade, waiting a second or two then throwing it, that would result in it blowing up in the air most of the time. And if it blows up in the air over or inside of the halftrack it will kill the riders. If it blows up infront of a driver thats unbuttoned it also kills them. It never worked for me when the nade was on the ground though.

Upvote 0
RPG-40 and RPG-43 anti-tank grenades for Soviets

Okay, this is sort of a double suggestion.

Panzergrenadiers & Tankodesantnikis, These 2 classes will be equipt with Anti-Tank Grenades and an assorment of weapons. They would also be able to ride on the roofs of tanks and provide anti-personal support, this means less clown cars.

Anti-Tank grenades should be added to Anti-tank classes. They will have a short throwing distance and a fairly damaging effect. The AT grenades will replace the Panzerfaust or whatever you seem fitting.

Upvote 0

The Soviet RPG-43 and Panzerwurfmine would be cool, they basicly focused their heat of the explosion and began searing through the armor and burnt what was behind the armor. So if you throw it at the right place you'll kill a tank crew member.

Upvote 0
HEAT charges don't simply "burn the occupants" with "heat."

HEAT = High Explosive Anti-Tank. Those are shaped charges that melt the armor boring a hole in it with a jet of liquid metal. I believe it's this flying molten and not quite molten metal that kills the crew and does the major damage.

On this subject, I'm still hoping for Molotov Cocktails. Great for starting engine fires.

Upvote 0
HEAT charges don't simply "burn the occupants" with "heat."

HEAT = High Explosive Anti-Tank. Those are shaped charges that melt the armor boring a hole in it with a jet of liquid metal. I believe it's this flying molten and not quite molten metal that kills the crew and does the major damage.

On this subject, I'm still hoping for Molotov Cocktails. Great for starting engine fires.
molotov cocktails were used in the war , but they are not issued weapons , so the realism is more to a makeshift weapon , but rifle grenades do need to be in the game

Upvote 0
no more AT crap until they drop some of the stuff in the game already. there is already WAY too much hand-held AT crap in the game as it is.

Fausts just laying around in boxes like donuts in a food store, and russian ATRs with uber-penetration abilities. pu-lease! :rolleyes:

Not my fault tankers like to charge towards that village only to be destroyed by a guy with a faust. :p

Upvote 0
i have to agree with the fact that the game has too much infantry anti tank capibility already. The ptrd goes through too much armor panzerfausts are too easy to come by. They shouldnt be able to hold more then 2 of these things ever and they shouldnt just be laying around for anyone to pick up with a fast respawn for the supply. Satchel charges are far too powerful vs tanks they should only be able to destroy a tank if placed in the perfect spot on lighter tanks and should only be able to disable heavy tanks not blow up and kill the whole tank and crew.

If... panzerfausts were more limited in supply and satchels were more realistic and the ptrd didnt blow up heavy tanks so easy then adding the anti tank mines and whatever else would be just fine. Just as long as they were done realisticly im all for it. I dont want to see them start the same problem that panzerfausts have with 50% of the infantry on combined arms maps running around with them. and the class that gets them shouldnt get a bunch of them. Only one!

On a side note... poanzerfausts bounce off armor way too often. Basicly all in all the whole tank destroyability system needs a total rework both vs other tank( rounds bounce off too often and dont destroy tracks nearly enough cant damage the gun and all that stuff.) and vs infantry far too easy for a infantry to destroy a tank as it is.

Upvote 0
That's not it. You can even kill them with nades from a position where the fact that they are "unbuttoned" wouldn't even matter (no direct LOS to a window).

Not to mention that the GUNNER never dies, and he's standing up and exposed far more than the driver is.

This is definately a bug.

I never have a problem hiding, flanking, then shooting the gunner in the back with my Mosin from an elevated position.

Upvote 0