• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

***Your Favourite Beer***

I like so many different beers it is hard to pick favourites. I guess I could categorise it a little. One common thread is I just cannot stand it out of a can, any beer regardless of quality tastes like tin if you drink it out of a can, on tap or glass ftw!

Drinking on the cheap - Carlton Draught, Victoria Bitter, Toohey's Pilsner

Drinking with money - Cascade Premium Lager (absolute best Australian beer IMHO), Coopers (second best IMHO), Becks, Grolsh, Steinlager, Carlton Crown Larger, Hollandia

Beers I really don't like - Heineken (tastes watered down), Fosters, Budweiser (dishwater), Amsterdam Lager (tastes like yeast and water), Stella Atois

I also enjoy fine spirits, one of my favourites would have to be Jameson's Irish Whisky, on the rocks or with a hint of drys it is outstanding. Also a big fan of JB Rare.

Sad though beer prices are skyrocketing here at the moment, even the cheap stuff is edging closer to $40 a case!!!

Upvote 0
I had a big post about how big "brewerys" like Budweiser, Miller etc are about as pointless as male nipples and agreeing how micro brewerys are basically where to go to taste real beer, but the post was lost in "the void". Any way try this:http://www.stonebrew.com/irs/ 10.8% alcohal punishing stout, most likely the first and last time you will. All this brewerys beers I've tried so far are excellent.

Upvote 0
Some of my favorite beer is my own homebrew..... :)

homebrew1.jpg

Other than that, there are too many good beers out there, but a simple choice would be Yuengling Lager on tap.

--------------------

Upvote 0
Before I became allergic I liked,

Guinness Draught with the widget

El Toro Poppy Jasper... a local Red Beer, 8 dollars a gallon jug at the local brewery :D

Anchor Steam, a San Francisco Original.

Sierra Nevada, in the Blue Bottle

Samuel Adams

and when I was in HS before I knew what good beer was I shoulder-tapped quarts of Mickeys, and Old English. :(

P.S. King Cobra FTL!!

Upvote 0
I like Guiness, I was in Sydney with Psycho Chicken not long ago pumping down pints of the stuff :D

I actually drank a beer with butts in it once, I was at a club with friends, put my beer down for like 5 seconds to get my wallet out and give my mate some cash for a drink, pick my beer back up, siwg and go... GWAAHHAAHHAHAHAAHAHAHURGHGHG!!!!

I then prompty hurtled outside and projectile vomited in the gutter.

Classy story that :eek:

Upvote 0