• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

New to the community? Introduce yourself!

Introductions...

Introductions...

Hi all, I am still downloading this as I type and am looking forward to playing. I have been playing DoD now for a while once CS became too childish (from V1 onwards!)

I hope that the gameplay lives up to the screen shots and reviews.

PS: can someone direct me to a good UK beginners server???

Yours

Ryan

Upvote 0
Hello developers and players of RO,

My name is Bananas (34 y) and I'm part of the clan Section 18.
I am very happy with the game and I must admit that I only stumbled onto this game because I was disappointed with COD2. My expectations have been far exceeded and I must say love the game and its realism. Now I also see patches and new maps being released by Tripwire and mappers and it's making me and my friends emotional even ;) Where else do you still see the dedication that is so cleary found in this game and its community !!!??

A very big thanks to you all and keep up the great work!

Bananas <S18>
www.s18gh.net

Ps: now if all the the tk-kids would leave this mature game I would really be crying of joy :cool:

Upvote 0
Can't resist...

I'm not quite "new" to the community, but never did an intro in here... Joined the RO team early in 2003, as we folded up a MOHAA mod called "The Russian Front". Been here ever since!

English, historian on Soviet politics and military of the Stalinist era. Live in London, spend time in Atlanta for some reason... and this is the shooter I always wanted to play, but could never find!

Upvote 0
Hello all, first post. Looking forward to getting the game installed and joining in the fun. Been looking for a shooter worth buying for quite some time and totally forgot this game was coming to retail until I saw it on the shelf yesterday. Can't wait for a change of pace and will probably not be online until I've acclimated to the game offline and set my mic up for VOIP. See you soon, will be trolling the forums for now. :rolleyes:

...and just in time for new content, heh.

Upvote 0
[RO]Wilsonam said:
Can't resist...

I'm not quite "new" to the community, but never did an intro in here... Joined the RO team early in 2003, as we folded up a MOHAA mod called "The Russian Front". Been here ever since!

English, historian on Soviet politics and military of the Stalinist era. Live in London, spend time in Atlanta for some reason... and this is the shooter I always wanted to play, but could never find!

[Hi, I fink you will like it here, we make fings go boom ;)]

Upvote 0
Hello from here. I'm perato, and in-game known as Korpr.Elias[FJT]. I've played RO since May 20 2006 and I feel that I'm quite good at it(Hey, great start, just bragging myself =D). I'm 18 years old and I live in Finland(Yeah, the place where they publish Pelit -magazine which gave 92 points to RO). And as you can notice, I use lots of brackets, to make my text much more harder to read.

Our clan Finnish Jaeger Troops isn't a RO OST clan. We play Operation Flashpoint: Resistance as our main game, and now as our 2nd. game we play RO(it once was CoD Uo, and before that, Americas Army)(brackets again). I'm really blind to english, although I can read it. It just feels that I can't find the things that I'm looking for fast if the text is in english, so pardon me if I have skipped a part of your text/make an error based on mistake not reading something important.

Even when we don't spend much time for RO OST in FJT we have made teams in our clan. I'm assigned to infantry squad as a rifleman, and therefore I use rifle most of the time. Still I'm slightly interested about Anti-Tank or Anti-Armor works, so sometimes I take the Panzerfaustgubbe and play with it, and practice some long shots with the weapon. I also use sometimes weapons like sniper, MG, semi-automatics, automatics, but almost always for practising. I prefer Mosin Nagant as my primary weapon, and TT33 as my secondary if possible.

I have lots of ideas to this game, but I'm not sure where to post them. Most of the ideas has been already fixed, but there are still few of them left. You propably will hear of them if I won't find a suitable thread for them.

Upvote 0
Hey everyone, like many others I will be trying the game out during free week for the first time. I am looking forward to playing this game since I like realistic shooters. I know many of you oppose newbies who complain about the realism but I can asure you I am not one of them...Like I said I like realitsic shooters and games where teamwork is required to complete objectives, it creates a more friendly enviroment and atmosphere between players. Hope to see you all on the battlefield.

Upvote 0