• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

New to the community? Introduce yourself!

Hi All

Just got this game yesterday and i must say i efing love it :D (didnt sleep gamed thru the night :p) I used to be a hardcore BF + PR gamer until the Bad Company Series came out. Never really liked CoD :-D.
Its a real shame i found the game so late, from what i read about HoS with the rank system similar to CoD i'm not gonna like it that much, but i'll check it out anyway and hope for the best im not gonna ciritcize the game until i have played it;). I hope people will wont stop playing Ostfront.
Ok so alittle about myself:
Name: Raoul
Nicknames: Raoulius, CrazyMonkey, CrazyMonk
Steam ID: raoulius71
Hobbies: Airsoft(Milsim,larp), Gaming
Job: Software Engineer

See you all on the Battlefield.

Upvote 0
G'day folks, Names McCraggen and I was once a big RO fan back in ze day. I cant remember exactly when but im thinking sometime well before MG's were added.

I have just started getting back into it (and getting whooped) and im looking forward to RO2, should be ace.

On another note, i miss the really old maps, anyone done a map pack for those ones, wouldnt mind a shoot down memory lane.

Seeyou in your rifle sights!

Upvote 0
HI all,
Nice to be here.
Name: Steve,
Job: Retired
Age 63 "Just An Old Gamer Really", but young at heart :).

I belong to the Wild Bunch Clan, and we just love this game just like RO1.
We also helped to test the beta which was nice.
Most of us wont be buying anymore COD we are just fed up with the consol imports, and having to buy all addons, and maps.
You cant beat a good WW2 FPS when it's done right like this.

I cant praise this game enough, so nice to have devs that do PC games only, and care about what they do.
"WELLDONE" TW wish you all the success for the future, cant wait for the new maps, and addons comeing like Nam, Pacific, and I here there is one in the pipeline for WW1 now that would be a first, so GOOD LUCK with that.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Welcome to the forums. Its realy good to see so many new faces :)

1.jpg

2.jpg

4.jpg

Upvote 0
Hey everyone,

My primary reason for joining you in this forum is the concern for the broken achievements in the original Red Orchestra Ostfront.

Here's a list of what I suspect are the rarest ones you'll see in quite some time - http://wonders.mine.nu/astats/Steam_Game_Info.php?AppID=1200

I know that achievements don't really matter and all, but it's kinda depressing to see the game being slowly abandoned( I started playing during summer so, probably some patch causes the achievement lockdown).

Please if you know anything about it let me know.

Thanks, and have a nice day.

Upvote 0
Hi There

Hi There

My name is Sam and I am an older fella but have really gotten into these shooter games and hope down the road that this RO franchise will be future fun. I've posted a new thread with a problem...like a big dummy I toggled ''software'' in the 3D mode rendering and it fouled this thing up....this looks like a good forum and have enjoyed reading posts and the knowlegable answers I've seen...so here's a big ole howdy from the South....

Upvote 0
Hello everyone. I am new to red orchestra, but man this game is incredible. Sure beats any CoD games!! Anyway, i will be streaming most of the time i play. My name is diszipline. If you would like to see me play or just want to watch some old vids. Or even better if you want to give me a few tips on my gameplay, That would be great. But add me to friends if you would like to play with me while i stream. Always looking for new buddies :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0
War666

War666

Hi, I am WAR666, you will find me a lot on RO Stalingrad.
RO Stalingrad is fiun, but looking at RO Ostfront, Ostfront sounds better ; however, this gun site dropping left to foot makes it unplayable...

I am learning how to play the number one game of all times: ARMA 2
(If you do not like ARMA 2 it's because you can't, you do not know how to play it)

- - - -
I am assuming that the gun dropping a little while aiming is normal for RO, however is there a way to disable this or make it less pronounced? It is very difficult to hold the iron sites on target when you have to constantly raise the rifle or weapon.

-Swabian
OSTFRONT has this permanent gun dropping, which makes the game NOT playable...
Frankly speaking, how can you play a game that requires you to constantly move UP the mouse??

RO Stalingrad doesn't not have this bad effect.
I play ARMA 2, imagine ARMA with gun constantly dropping left to foot... lol :D :rolleyes:

Upvote 0
Hey all, I haven't played an FPS more or less since the WWII Battlefield series lol. I discovered the RO series on Steam and it was love at first site. Looking forward to playing with everyone once I learn the game. Is there a solo mode any where in the RO series?

In ostfront there is a practice mode, In Red Orchestra 2 there is a (no so good) single player campaign and a steam workshop mode.

Upvote 0