• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Next Update

JCoquillon said:
. . . Anything that increases teamplay, and encouarges people to stick together and follow the commander's directions without forcing them to do it is a good thing in my book.

Of course it is, but I think I'll feel really uncomfortable when It is used in maps and places that it shouldn't be in.

Anyway let's see how this thing work before commenting :)

Is there a plan for "fixing" and polishing up "some" MG's? I want the mod MG behavior :(

Upvote 0
thanks again devs, for some cool fixes and the new map looks cool.

However i dont think removing draws from the game is a good idea, especially not in ladder matches. When you are playing a hard map like arad or baksan valley you sometimes need to hold out for a draw and now it seems unfair that the team with most points will win :(

It would be better if there were an option to turn that change on and off as a server setting or mutator, because it would be better for public play, but as i said before it will detract from the intense firefights you get at the end of clanmatches when your desperately holding on for a point.

Upvote 0
JCoquillon said:
As for the nay sayers about smoke grenades, just wait until you've seen them used in game.

It just makes for more fluid gameplay, you see an assualt that would previously have stalled and become a 5 min sniping session suddenly regain momentum with a well placed smoke screen. Smoke goes down, commander yells "ATTACK" and players just get up and go, the smoke creates the illusions of safety and gives people just enough motivation to move.

Or a last minute charge to defend an objective becomes all the more effective and intense as you provide cover against the defending attackers in the objective and close to point blank range with them before opening up.

They work well for defence and attack and it's up to the commander to make sure he uses them wisely and at the right time.

They also help focus gameplay and players will see smoke and head towards it as it lets them know where combat is.

I also find myself on maps with smoke sticking close to the commander and hunting him down when i spawn so I can benefit from the smoke he carries when it's laid down. Anything that increases teamplay, and encouarges people to stick together and follow the commander's directions without forcing them to do it is a good thing in my book.

If a commander dies, can other people pick up his smoke grenade? Or is there really just one per round?

Upvote 0
YAY!:

New tank cannon round switching system!!!!!!!
Fixed players bouncing off of other players that were prone !!!!!!!!!!!!
Improved the 3rd person upper body movement while prone.
Fixed a problem where you could get telefragged by proning/unproning and crouching/uncrouching players.!!!!!!!!!!!!

Boooo!:
Fixed an exploit where commanders could call in artillery strikes on a position that they marked in a previous round.

;)

Upvote 0
3rd Reich Mike said:
Not sure if someone else brought this up, but there is a mention that this is a free update/improvement...does the attention to the word "free" mean that we'll have to pay for something else soon?

The attention to the word free is just added because we want to make sure poeple get the word that Tripwire keeps adding value to thier games long after the release just because we love the game and want to reward the community for buying it in the first place :)

Upvote 0
[RO]Ramm-Jaeger said:
The attention to the word free is just added because we want to make sure poeple get the word that Tripwire keeps adding value to thier games long after the release just because we love the game and want to reward the community for buying it in the first place :)

Oh sure, upstage my reply. But as John said, we hope Red Orchestra: Ostfront becomes one of the jewels of your gaming collection. As previously stated by the team, we have free updates planned well into the end of the year and perhaps a bit beyond.

Upvote 0