• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

long loading times...

The_Countess said:
no no no, FAR less then that, remember its a old quake 1 engine based game.
the levers are what 1 or 2 MB's total (including everything) where RO:O's are 20-30 MB EXCLUDING textures.

Actually, the original CS is based on the old Half-Life engine which came out in about 1997. The original Quake 1 came out in 1996, I believe.

The best thing you can do to load maps faster is to add more RAM. Go to a gig or 1.5. I've got a gig and I load in anywhere from 15 seconds to a minute. I'm often one of the first guys in the server (which means I actually get to use the sniper rifle once in a while)

Upvote 0
szkoda said:
I've been having the same problem since I started playing the RO mod. The problem for me it seems is the lack of memory (I only have 512 MB). If you have a gig for RAM or more then that's not the problem.

I only have 512mb and I usually load maps in about 30-45 secs with the new file system.

Upvote 0
Ronin said:
I also concur, since new update my load times have doubled :eek:

I used to be first in , but now im last WTF ?????

AMD 64 3200
2048 ram
160gb hD
10mb line :D
10 mb or mbs if your running 10mbs thats slow most network cards handle 10/100 mbs with newest one supprting 1000mbs- so the fix might be as simple as getting a cat5e cable and plugin it in but Network data tramission speeds usaully have more of an affect on in game play not loading times. have you tried optimizing your files and even a re-install might help- delete the local content and start from a clen file system-

Dont forget to see what you have runing in the background MSN xfire ventrillo team speak all use part of you memory the more programs running at once the less resoucres are availbe to RO and loading time go up.

Upvote 0
Solo4114 said:
Actually, the original CS is based on the old Half-Life engine which came out in about 1997. The original Quake 1 came out in 1996, I believe.

The best thing you can do to load maps faster is to add more RAM. Go to a gig or 1.5. I've got a gig and I load in anywhere from 15 seconds to a minute. I'm often one of the first guys in the server (which means I actually get to use the sniper rifle once in a while)

The Half life engine (Gold Source is what valve calls it) is a modification of the quake engine. It is what the return to castle wolfenstein engine is to the quake 3 engine.

Upvote 0