• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Il-2 thread

Darkseed, when taking off if your not using any external views then what you do is hold the brake, throttle up a bit then turn you rudder left or right, the plane will turn on the spot and you have a sideways view down the runway, once the plane in front throttles up you then straighten yourself up and take off, thats the way most people do it online and really the proper way. I think you can ask the tower for permission to take off and they will tell you if runway is clear but when online there can be lag and ghost planes occasionally so i always turn plane to make sure runway is clear for myself.
AI are a bit predictable in IL2 and i only use them for gunnery practice. Like RO, IL2 is miles better online and the game takes on a new dimension

Upvote 0
necropimp said:
the bidding wars quickl;y bring it up to $100+
I said "to hell with SW2" (I can't stand the new design anyway, I have problems using the coolie hat, the secondary fire button and the throttle things (where did the wheel go?!) because I do not have midget-sized hands and fingers.

Bleh.

So, additionally to my SW1, I got me the ForceFeedback version off ebay for

Upvote 0
DeusIrae said:
just wondering but what plane do you all specialize in. realisticly you can only be any good in 1 or 2.

Im a bf flyer myself. sometimes youl find me in a FW though... Cant get enough of the BF engine, climb and sufficint manouverability. O yea and a nose cannon.:)
haven't played in a few months, but I fly the 109G most often

Upvote 0
DeusIrae said:
whats special about teh G6/AS?
It has a more streamlined airframe than the standard G-6 and has the MW50 boost system which, when engaged, will kick in above 100% power and give one a nice (but limited) performance boost.

btw, you'll also find MW50 on the G-14, G-10, and K-4 versions of the 109 (plus certain versions of the Fw 190).

Upvote 0
FB is so good game... i love it :)
Few pictures by me:
fsscr001%20copy.jpg

fsscr020%20copy.jpg

fsscr058%20copy.jpg

fsscr072%20copy.jpg

Yes, i know, i have used slowly speed :D

Upvote 0
Also, keep in mind that you will need to a have a minimum altitute before kicking the methanol+water (I'm wondering whether they sometimes simply used Vodka in desperta esituations ;)) boost in.
2,000m is the rough minimum if I'm not completely mistaken.

Also, never use for more than 10min (at max!) and also don't engange and disengage several times in a row - won't do your engine any good!

Upvote 0
csThor said:
You can engage MW-50 at any time (even on the runway at Take-Off), but you need to activate it at low RPM settings (0% prefered). Don't go over 100% in planes with MW-50 without having it activated or you'll fry your engine ;)
Then why did the manual say something about minimum altitude?
I'm not making this up, I've read it somewhere!

Granted, it's been a while I looked into that, but am I mixing things up?

Upvote 0