• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Il-2 thread

your eyes would likely have broken blood vessels and all your bones would be broken.

Since no one would come and rescue you, you have not survived

If you want to test crash landing, cut your engine, go into a spin and then try and do a forced landing.

The hardest part is telling if a field is level or not. because landing up hit ->/ (dead) landing downhill \-----> (you'll touch down at insane speed)

Upvote 0
Hah, how can you bag out the 109 it's my favourite plane :D Not that im saying it's the best, but if you want to fly a 109 take the F models, they have the best handling of the 109 series i find.

In online IL2 games i'd rather have more authenticity then full on realism, like being forced to have no outside views is all well and good but when you've got 80% of the planes Ki-84's with American stars on it bugs me.

Wish there was a 1941-42 thing so people could fly some of the earlier better handling but slower planes. Getting sick of being shot at by the titanium 30mm blasting ki84.

Upvote 0
Well i've got the game and my Saitek x45 joystick and have played a couple of hours and all i've got to say is this: god do I suck.

I'm finding it extremely hard to stay on their tail, they either do a manouver that I can't keep up with and lose them, or most often I just overshoot them because i'm going faster than they are. Is there any way to break quickly? The air break doesn't seem to do much, if anything.

Upvote 0