• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Server New "Beta" server update is out for linux and windows

You got the full server version that way, but this version have some bugs that are fixed in a patch. But this patch is in "beta" stage so it isn't available to be downloaded using the command update, but you can try it using the beta switch. When you use it, the server will be updated with the beta patch.

Once the beta patch is finish, you won't need the "-beta ro" anymore to update the server.

Upvote 0
Floyd said:
1) Before running hldsupate, should I shut down the server?
Yes
Floyd said:
2) Does the server need to be restarted for the changes to be implemented.
Yes
Floyd said:
3) Does the command line to start the server change?
Yes it should contain the -beta option (see other topic)

Oh and do make a copy of your serverfiles before updating it.
Just in case.

Monk.

Upvote 0
Well she's up and running.
The Wild Bunch server is currently full with 30 players (real ones) and it would seem i have a drop in CPU usage of about 2/3% at the moment.

The Admin is working brill and since restarting the server has not "gone missing" on serverpy.net or game-monitor.com it has also appeared everytime i have checked the browser.

So everything is looking good but will monitor closely over the next few days and give more feedback if required.

Upvote 0
I have a linux server, just updated it with the beta patch and restarted ,now when i look at the info it states server version 1000 while i see others having 1001.

Is this a linux glitch or didnt it update properly..or anything else?

Stopped the server, updated with "./steam -command update -game redorchestra -beta ro" update was succesfull.
restarted the server...server runs just fine and i can connect to it.

Regards,

Marc

Upvote 0
Marc said:
I have a linux server, just updated it with the beta patch and restarted ,now when i look at the info it states server version 1000 while i see others having 1001.

Is this a linux glitch or didnt it update properly..or anything else?

Stopped the server, updated with "./steam -command update -game redorchestra -beta ro" update was succesfull.
restarted the server...server runs just fine and i can connect to it.

Regards,

Marc

I have got the same problem, the server is upgraded (I can see it in the webadmin) but it still shows 1000.

Upvote 0