• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Beta Map Ogledow

There is no commander either :)

I think I played as commander once on this map. I Love the map, just needs a few tweaks and then should be left alone for people to enjoy.

OH BTW... Leo, is there a thread for your Ponyri station map? I cant find one.

I checked out your website. I love it. Already this map looks awesome.

Ok a little off topic as I want to talk about your map...

Even tho Stalingrad is a great setting for this game, your map looks like it will be very fun to play.

I know a little about Kursk, and that the only good advances were made by SS battalions at great expence of men. Because tanks were a very prominent feature of Kursk it might make it a bit of a tank massacre if too many are allowed on this map.

What I would like to see is, alot more burnt out tanks as if the infantry are following up a major tank engaement. that way it wont just be a huge tank battle (unless lots of people want that). With more cover to advance forward with.

Upvote 0

I think I played as commander once on this map. I Love the map, just needs a few tweaks and then should be left alone for people to enjoy.

Even tho Stalingrad is a great setting for this game, your map looks like it will be very fun to play.

I know a little about Kursk, and that the only good advances were made by SS battalions at great expence of men. Because tanks were a very prominent feature of Kursk it might make it a bit of a tank massacre if too many are allowed on this map.

What I would like to see is, alot more burnt out tanks as if the infantry are following up a major tank engaement. that way it wont just be a huge tank battle (unless lots of people want that). With more cover to advance forward with.

Upvote 0

Upvote 0
OH yeah... Why are there no Radios on the map??? wouldnt Artillery balance the tank issues???

I have had the pleasure of playing a few times now, once with about 35 players. There are no tank issues. I find the tanks quite well countered with the AT rifles, which can take the tanks out in a couple shots from great distance. Arty on tanks never really works anyway, by the time it is falling the tank has long since driven away or comes back if blown up. Tankers have a hell of a time with a good AT rifleman.

Upvote 0
I have had the pleasure of playing a few times now, once with about 35 players. There are no tank issues. I find the tanks quite well countered with the AT rifles, which can take the tanks out in a couple shots from great distance. Arty on tanks never really works anyway, by the time it is falling the tank has long since driven away or comes back if blown up. Tankers have a hell of a time with a good AT rifleman.

+1 this :IS2:

Upvote 0
Ogledow Beta 5 Changelog

Ogledow Beta 5 Changelog

Ogledow Beta 5 Changelog

Just off the top of my head for now:

Sometimes you can set up an mg or PTRS in the ruins window. (it is still sketchy, but works better than before)

Added some more covernodes in various parts of map.

Bushes move when you run through them. (I did that for wheatfields too, but there are just too many polys to do it, so unless I figure out how to do that efficiently they are static and unmoving)

All wooden fences can be destroyed by running over with tank or shooting with HE shells. Telegraph poles the same. (except the wires don't fall -- I made physics meshes for them but its too much load to have them all like that for just a cosmetic plus, so I think I'm removing wires completely. Haven't decided yet.)

Terrain sand and grass textures distribution is pretty sweet. Working on the masking only, so they tile still.

Replaced a lot of BSP buildings with custom static meshes. (by the way if you couldn't enter them in RO Ogledow you won't be able to here.)

Rebuilt and remapped a number of the old static meshes for lightmapping and made new textures, spec, and normal maps. Shutters for instance look better.

Upvote 0
Cool, can't wait to test it. When can we expect it to be released? Will there be enterable buildings eventually or will it remain as it is.

I think having (some) enterable buildings would greatly improve combat. Taking the Ogledow village (or the farm) will be much harder. You can have the infantry clear out the houses and tanks to prevent enemy reinforcements to enter the village/farm.

They can also focus more on the hill base so that their team will have an overwatch position from there. I don't know much about modding, but maybe you can replace the houses in the map with some enterable RO2 houses. It probably won't really fit in but that way it can be tested if it improves gameplay. If it works out good, someone might be able to model some new houses and if it doesn't work out, it can be left the way it is now.

Those were just some thoughts, I don't know much about modding and/or level design so maybe I'm thinking to simple about things but surely there's some people around here who can see if any of this makes any sense. Just do whatever you think is good for the map. So far it worked out pretty well and the map is awesome as it is.

EDIT: nvm for asking release date. Just saw it in the Ogledow B5 thread

Last edited:
Reactions: u-s-e-r
Upvote 0
@Six Ten

I got one question. If you cook a map, are then all the unreal script files from the SDK recompiled and included in the map? If yes, then this gives you the opportunity to do something about the accuracy of the MG bot in tanks.
In the SDK is a file called CCSTankController.uc. You can find it in the Development\Src\ROGame\Classes folder. In that file you will find the next code starting from line 749
Code:
DifficultyInfantryMissPercentage(0)=35.0    [COLOR=SeaGreen]// Recruit[/COLOR]
DifficultyInfantryMissPercentage(1)=30.0   [COLOR=SeaGreen] // Soldier[/COLOR]
DifficultyInfantryMissPercentage(2)=25.0    [COLOR=SeaGreen]// Veteran[/COLOR]
DifficultyInfantryMissPercentage(3)=20.0    [COLOR=SeaGreen]// Hero[/COLOR]
These values are the change of a miss for the tank MG bots. The higher the value, the higher the chance that it misses and the higher the chance for the infantry to survive.

If that unreal script is included in the map cooking process, then changing the above values to higher values will give you the opportunity to reduce the accuracy for those tank bots.

Oh... and many thanks for the coming beta 5 :).

Great job!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
When you cook a map it doesn't cook the script. If you want to override the values you will have to do it the old fashioned way. Rebuilding TWI distributed .U files will break compatibility.

I was already afraid that this would be the answer :(

And by old fashioned I mean make a mutator.

I did try that for a few days back, but I couldn't get it to compile :D

Last edited:
Upvote 0