• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

The map Ogledow is very nice but....

The maps are pretty large files, and I'm waiting for a version that's out of beta to download.

Interestingly, two of my favourite servers went unranked for the first time today. I'm not sure why: maybe they removed tank AI MGs? Only problem I can see with unranked is that, while you don't level further, those who've already levelled still get their ridiculous upgrades.

It is one file, not several, and its a few minutes to download at most. Are you trying to dl it from the game or did you go to the Dropbox link I posted?

Upvote 0
Just thinking out loud here, the fact is that it will take longer time to download new maps. In RO 1 it was fast and mostly painless, It's going to be pretty slow even if you download it from a separate server with the RO 2 maps. Downloading all the new mod maps externally really is a hassle and will throw some people away from them, so something needs to be done.
One of the really nice things in Ro 1 was a new map only takes a few moments to download, there you have it no hassle, simply awesome.

Adding a separate downloading method would help, Could it be possible to add a P2P system?(Should be voluntarily)

On servers you can add time before the round starts, some have 1 min waiting time. In this time you could kick in a P2P upload from those who wait ingame. Imo is a good time, to do it.

Let's make an example:
A 32 player server, 3-5 people have to download the new map which is 60mb. They get transferred to another download server who gives them about 200kb/s download each that would take 5 min to download.
(Btw how fast are the download servers normally?)

If let

Upvote 0
@Andrew Blake

I'm not a mapper and I could be totally wrong, but I think once the SDK is officially released that map sizes will be compiled and/or baked(?) smaller than they are now. In playing with this particular map, I can see where there is some work that may need to be done to keep the average admin from borking the stock RO2 files. TW has always championed the modding and mapping community, so I have no doubts that they will do everything feasible to make it easy on the community. I would imagine that after the official SDK release we will be just a few short months away from some really well polished maps.

Upvote 0
The servers are very unpopulated because people can't download the map directly from the server, but they have to do it manually.
And 80% of people cba to do it manually so they keep on playing the original maps.

I started to download the map on one server earlier today automatically, but it was slow as hell so I manually downloaded it.

It works, but it's certainly a direct port from RO1, as the hills, buildings, textures, grass etc. all look RO1'ish.

There's some tweaking & polish that still needs to be done, thus why it's still a Beta of course.

Tanks can drive through telephone posts, but they don't knock down (you just pass through) but you don't stop suddenly when you hit one.

Many areas of the map will not accept MG/AT-R mantling...... one building has some textures missing inside, I found a couple of stairways inside a barn overlapping/passing through one another, you can't enter any of the buildings yet..... but considering it's just a straight port, I wouldn't expect a pile of difference in the map from the original just yet.

But it runs, looks fine and should be interesting once I find a server with more than one player on it.

Reactions: Nimsky
Upvote 0
I started to download the map on one server earlier today automatically, but it was slow as hell so I manually downloaded it.

As has been said a thousand times, you could try to download all day from a game server and never get the files. If you want to play Ogledow_B3 you must use the link at the very first post in the Ogledow thread in the modding section of forums.

Upvote 0
oh thanks six. Good that its coming.

We had about 20 people on the server tonight playing the new map. We really needed 64 to make things work because the map is so huge.
Noticed we all got XP !!! Which was good.

This map is what people have been asking for with very very long rifle ranges.
The tanks of course own the map as you can have up to four per side.

Textures still look like a direct port from RO1.
Bots that were put in when everybody went home were not too bad but seemed to lose pathing around tanks and in certain clearings where they all seemed to mill around becoming easy prey.

The map and map maker are amazing!!!! Bloody awesome for a BETA!!! Just great!

6530357151_4e0390736d_b.jpg

6530356955_874f6afc04_b.jpg

6530356683_67b2b1b48c_b.jpg

6530356349_f13a557b04_b.jpg

6530355509_5bd97857e4_b.jpg

6530355257_196c7c26ff_b.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Why cant the client download it?
This is going to be never ending isnt' it.

As has been said, implied and stated numerous times....

Neither the re-direct nor the automatic downloading from the server are functional at this time. You MUST manually download the files, install them in the appropriate directories. Tripwire is working on it! Even though it appears you are downloading files from the server, they either never finish or they are not the files required for the client to run. Your game may well crash.

As much as I 'd like to see lots of people enjoying the map, and though its not hard, if someone does not understand where their game files are and/or how to unzip files, then, they really shouldn't attempt it. They may well screw up their game files.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This is going to be never ending isnt' it.

Even Dr. NO got it on the first try. :D

As much as I 'd like to see lots of people enjoying the map, and though its not hard, if someone does not understand where their game files are and/or how to unzip files, then, they really shouldn't attempt it. They may well screw up their game files.

To anyone who does manage to screw up their game files, there's a simple fix --

In your Steam games list

1. Open the Properties window for the game
2. Hit the Local Files tab, click VERIFY INTEGRITY OF GAME CACHE
3. While Steam checks your game files and replaces any that you broke, go back to the RO forum and RE-READ THE INSTRUCTIONS, THIS TIME FOR COMPREHENSION.

After this the game should be ready to play.

Attachments

• fage1.jpg
    fage1.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Sticky Needed

Sticky Needed

6-10....Maybe could post "Sticky"....that shows the good link/directions is a must. That way people are directed to an easy one line posted that tells all. Its not that hard to take the files an put them where they need to go...;)
I DLed that and launched to test out an it works....will try an.play some today or tomorrow. Great job on getting something out there....oh yah...I liked this map more then Arad....Arad....Spawn to spawn killing....yah....thats fun..lol

Last edited:
Upvote 0