• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Testing GG map

I used one of my old maps to be gun game map but I want to try it out alone before i release it, how to do that?

EDIT: also i wasn't think right because i posted in general modding instead of level design forum

Either use a dedicated server.

Or, (Think this works)

Run the dedicated server from KF and then launch KF again.

Upvote 0
There is little what can go wrong though. Just strip the level from ammo boxes/pickups. And add the playerstarts. I did Biotics and Westlondon yesterday in one hour, and didnt even test it lol.(just smacked it on the server...done) Though some are working on a mod so all maps work with it, I rather convert the maps then to add another mod to the server that has the risc of clashing with future updates of the mod.

Upvote 0
so basically I can't test the maps without putting them in server

I have tried that, it doesn't work if i started dedicated server and tried to play using the same computer

What happens if you start a dedicated server from a batch file and try to join through LAN?

tip! once you run the server, before you start the game, goto system folder and delete Steamappid file, as you will not be able to join the server,
This file is generated automatically when you run the server

Upvote 0
What happens if you start a dedicated server from a batch file and try to join through LAN?

tip! once you run the server, before you start the game, goto system folder and delete Steamappid file, as you will not be able to join the server,
This file is generated automatically when you run the server

ohhhh thats why I couldn't join my server, I will try that! thx

EDIT: it worked! now i can test my maps

Last edited:
Upvote 0