• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

The Old RO Forums - Were they Shutdown?

Cpt-Praxius

Grizzled Veteran
Dec 12, 2005
Canadian in Australia
Just wondering if one of the mods, devs, admins, older members, gremlins or ghouls could answer this question of mine.

On and off for over the last few years, I was always wondering what happened to the old RO Mod forums & the threads/posts that it contained, as I can never seem to locate it online anywhere.

I assume once Trip made these forums, the old one was taken down, but could I get confirmation of this so I don't ponder if it's still around a few months down the road and still unsure?

There were a few old threads I was wanting to take a look at again, such as my old Stug III step by step modeling tutorial. Does anybody at Trip still have this thread and others still kicking around on file somewhere?

Or is the site still up and I just can figure out or find the link?? :confused:

It'd be kind of cool if Trip made an archive section in these forums of back then and to see a bit of the history of RO once again.

It'd be locked of course, so no additional posts could be made..... for preserving Historical Data, so to speak. That, and the mods wouldn't have to moderate it or anything, saving time for them.

It'd also be a neat thing to see, as it could also show how RO evolved prior to becoming an official retail game.

Dude man, that's yer history after all..... don't tell me all that stuff is gone, I'll poop.

It might not be right away, it might be tomorrow on the can, since I just came back from there..... but I will poop!

Last edited:
Last edited:
Upvote 0