• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Why are people such babies about tanks?

In short, it's a fear of two things: Learning to operate a tank smoothly, and having once done so, risking losing it because team mates may not provide you close support.
The whole cunundrum is still wrapped around the aversion by many to team tactiics and listening to team leaders. Instead, many just want to be the NBA loner who runs the ball and prefers to be a one man show. But tanks can be hugely rewarding. Some RO1 maps could not be won by either side without using them.
Anyone remember Berezhina? Ah, well. I do miss those combined arms maps. If you could play them, you were at the height of the game. On a 64 player map; nothin' better.

Upvote 0
Are you referring to your own style of individual team tactics here?

Saying it is more challenging as tank vs tank and having infantry trying to flank me at the same time -
rather than camping somewhere more left on the those 2 maps and mowing down infantry only.

Sometimes I'll throw in a left spawn to be random but the tank vs tank action is better right side.

Upvote 0
The guys who always play as tankers aren't the babies, we're prepared to slug it out tank vs tank, its the whining infantry types that are the babies, just coz we got an aimbot and they haven't. :IS2::IS2::IS2:

How is that whining? It's not only infantry types, nobody enjoys getting mown down by an aimbot, especially when it's far more effective than a real life MG gunner would be.

Reactions: Verluste and vbloke
Upvote 0
Ah such a good map. This here is one map that needs to be ported to RO2.

hmm, can't remember enough people liking that map in oz - last game of it was years ago (that wasn't interrupted by some genius changing map), involved all of the points being blitz'd one after the other in 3-minute increments, followed by 25 minutes sitting around on the last point watching a dribble of guys get killed over and over (we had a decent kv driver), and occasionally getting picked off by a sniper. Was almost as bad as dh-carentancauseway :(

How is that whining? It's not only infantry types, nobody enjoys getting mown down by an aimbot, especially when it's far more effective than a real life MG gunner would be.

exactly. it's like the chopper in cod4, except immune to small arms :mad:

Upvote 0
I cannot find a single combined arms server. Why?
Because any self-respecting tanker admin wouldn't touch the current McTank game with a sh_tty stick. (Hull MG aimbots, insta-kill T34 turret hits, spawncamping HE/MG, anti-matter AT rifle, drive-thru insta-repair bays, inability to get out, no vehicle variety, etc, etc.) Combined arms maps were the jewel in RO's crown but before such servers can exist in RO2, and I hope that the conditions are one day suitable for them to start crawling out of the woodwork, they first need decent combined arms maps and a working tank game.

Upvote 0
Here is my message,

The map pavlovs house.
I went with my beloved T34 to a point where i could bother the german infantry. I did the hull mg work and not my aimbot.
I slaughthered a whole army. What i just want to say is, if there won't be any aimbot in the tank, people get whining about tanks in infantry maps. In ro1 the ai was very bad. Now twi has made the ai good do we have to still whine? Come on.....

Upvote 0
Here is my message,

The map pavlovs house.
I went with my beloved T34 to a point where i could bother the german infantry. I did the hull mg work and not my aimbot.
I slaughthered a whole army. What i just want to say is, if there won't be any aimbot in the tank, people get whining about tanks in infantry maps. In ro1 the ai was very bad. Now twi has made the ai good do we have to still whine? Come on.....
Yes because it headshots a half dozen enemy within a few seconds, using only half a dozen rounds, at over 100m, through smoke (which is all it would have taken to end your human MG spree), whilst the player in the tank doesn't even need to press a button. Come on...

Reactions: Bob nl
Upvote 0