• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

MW3 copies RO2 game mechanic!

The difference is IW just streamlined it and turned it into another "perk", so you don't have to deal with a bunch of random percentages. I really don't like leveling weapons/roles for stat boosts, but if I had to choose, I think I would take the perk system over RO2's leveling. All of the number crunching is done and all of the benefits are clear-cut.

That being said, I would rather have a game where the stats are the same across the board, and the only differences between ranks are their loadout options...probably a combination of BF2 and BC2's rank systems.

A perfect system IMO

-no vehicle unlocks
-weapons unlocked through progression
-some attachments for weapons unlocked through progression (weapons can be customized!)
-NO proficiency modifiers

Upvote 0
Lol, they chose the worst aspect to copy.

Agreed. Doesn't the fact that people who have been playing the longest, tend to get better add up to enough of an advantage? Make it easier for them as well?

Stupid.

And COD died after COD2, for many reasons...... They just repackage the same freaking game with better graphics, year after year after year. The sheep keep buying, so I guess it works.

Actually, I think the major reason that there isn't much innovation any more is that without modtools being released any longer by the major studios, there aren't modders to provide ideas for the devs to steal. :rolleyes:

Reactions: DasFist
Upvote 0
Very true lugnut. If you've been keeping track over the last 10 years, all the large trends and new things have been started by mods. With the exception of stats tracking stuff, afaik that was a cod 4 thing.

Modern warfare type games = mods did it first. Ironsights = mods did it first, weapon float area on screen = mods did it first. The list goes on...

Upvote 0
It's still more innovative than COD, as I've said before, if they just remade RO:Ost they'd catch a lot of flak for just iterating like COD

well at least CoD knows it's audience, and it knows what they like; it's not gonna come out one day with arma level realism and expect its fans to like it.

i think RO2 took that later approach but in reverse; dulled every thing down to the point of being trivial and then expected its core fans to enjoy it.

Reactions: Dee0342
Upvote 0
Leveling and unlocking perks is what is killing PC gaming in general. There was a time when people would play objectives more rather than having more thought on getting kills to unlock this etc.

This then has the knock on effect of people wanting to level up instead of getting involved in scrims, leagues etc.

Just because its the norm doesnt make it right and i blame COD on the consoles. They may have got megabucks from it, but the damage they have done is unforgivable. This is not progress.

The sooner COD is not made for PC the better, and i really hope that Kotec CEO of activision really gets whats coming to him and his pets.

Upvote 0