• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[mutator] kf rpg

Hemi

Grizzled Veteran
Jul 30, 2010
The madness returns...

UPDATE :
Various tweaks have been made to the mod. Thanks to EpharGy for the revival of the mod. Visit his steamgroup :

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/sykosis

header.png

How to install (only for serveradmins, this is not a Solo mod)

Copy all files into your killing floor server folder. IDRPGMod.ini provides you to add tweaks to the running of the mod, like when the zeds change level.

MonsterLevelIncreaseCount=400
At level 400 monsters will change levels, form eg 1 to 2.

StartMonsterLvl=2
The level were the monsters start at, at the beginning of the match.

Be sure to add KFMapVote to your killingfloor.ini.

VotingHandlerType=KFMapVote.KFVotingHandler

Adjust the settings in KFMapVote.ini.
Use Server Perks Database (Version 1.55) for the database or use the local database setup of ServerPerks 5.(just the ini that saves the stats).

Download V2 here:

RPG MOD

Last edited:
Reactions: akstylish and sah
This mod is crazy... Holy cow, they never stop coming, so shoping can be very hard... i played with just one other guy, we found the turrets very effective. Would like to see other guns, especially M7A3, KSG, M99 in there. Mod neeeeeeddddsss Grenades. also, can we plz spawn with a nife? if u go turret, that could save ur life. Perks are fun to upgrade, cash system is unforgiving tho - to get to a tier 2 gun takeslike, 10 shopping periods, very hard to do. LOTS OF FUN however. I'll be playing often XD also, not sure about balance - every gun has same dps, but... Law seemed weak, and HC stronger than the AA12... just kinda felt wierd.

Upvote 0
The amount of experience and money you get per kill increases after you hit a certain level. Remember, the servers scale to the levels players have.

It might seem allot in the beginning, but once your over that little beginners hill youll be racking up XP like a mtherfcker.

The shops are best used in a quiet corners away from the zeds. They ignore you on midgame spawn so find a good spot were you can safely shop, and at the start of a level there are no zeds. During battle you will need friends to protect you while shop. Which invokes teamplay again.

Best setup ive witnessed is 2 groups. 2 to 3 zerker-kind, and the rest long distance defending with turrets...like 1 sharpy / 2 support / 1 demo LAW. Great stuff!

EDIT : could an admin change the forum title to caps? looks a bit silly like this hehe

Last edited:
Upvote 0
i just had crash, twice

Build UT2004_Build_[2004-11-11_10.48]

CPU: GenuineIntel PentiumPro-class processor @ 1996 MHz with 4095MB RAM
Video: Intel(R) HD Graphics Family (8026)

CreateTexture failed(8007000E).

History: FD3D9Texture::Cache <- FD3D9RenderInterface::CacheTexture <- FD3D9RenderInterface::HandleCombinedMaterial <- FD3D9RenderInterface::SetSimpleMaterial <- FD3D9RenderInterface::SetMaterial <- FCanvasUtil::Flush <- UCanvas:: DrawTile <- AHudBase:: DrawSpriteWidget <- AHudBase::execDrawSpriteWidget <- (ID_HUD KF-Arcade-Horzinemall.ID_HUD @ Function IDRPGMod.ID_HUD.DrawHudPassA : 0046) <- UObject::processEvent <- (ID_HUD KF-Arcade-Horzinemall.ID_HUD, Function IDRPGMod.ID_HUD.PostRender) <- FPlayerSceneNode::Render <- UGameEngine:: Draw <- UWindowsViewport::Repaint <- UWindowsClient::Tick <- ClientTick <- UGameEngine::Tick <- Level KF-Arcade-Horzine-Mall <- UpdateWorld <- MainLoop <- FMallocWindows::Free <- FMallocWindows::Realloc <- 4C576C61 0 FArray <- FArray::Realloc <- 0*2 <- FMallocWindows::Free

Upvote 0
Again Halb manages to have a bitter sour tone to his words, It's far beyond constructive criticism It's unneeded as per usual with whatever he has to say.

People wonder why KF is dieing out.

Been beta testing this from day one, amazing work and you know how proud I am of you hemi and noise!

What a parting gift to give to the community.

EDIT: WPC isn't disbanding, we're just stepping back from KF. We will still host the servers we do. Your second question. Server 7 was the RPG mod suprise.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
What negativity? Some suggestions? the begging for nades (an integral part of the KF experience) and a Good Job! The only negative was my mention of the scar, which is the first gun everyone seems to try and they repeatedly die because its recoil is too high without the recoil bonus.... and a mention that its got a harsh beginner curve. which is very very true. I greatly appreciate this, and I dislike the fact that you can't even read my posts at face value...

Upvote 0
About SCAR - recoil will be reduced on next release. Seems tester as i don't like scar, thats why no one complains about it :)

Don't think we will fix things twice a day, mb once a week.

About weapons - if i have time.

I've spent 300+ hours and wanna some rest now without coding 8+ h \ day :)

Just have fun!

Upvote 0
I've noticed that the "spawn in 3rd person" bug happens alot more once lvl 3ish is hit with lots of players.... IDK if its just data overload or what, but every other spawn seems to be like that. Also, are you guys gonna try and add the M7A3 and other IJC guns, hunting rifle ECT? I'm like, lvl 40 now, still lovin this mod.

I think that in all the years I've played KillingFloor that bug has only ever happened to me once. I'm inclined to think it's a client side thing.

WPC isn't disbanding, we just won't be modding as much for KF as much as we have been. We'll still be playing KF, still have servers, might even pop back to do a mod from time to time, we are just looking at what other games are out there.

@sie, go easy on halb, he's only giving feedback. And in a better way than a lot do. He's hardly the worst offender and it's obvious that he's enjoying the mod.

Yeah the mod has a steep learning curve, but then I thought KF did when I started. Beginner KF certainly wasn't like L4D on easy. (Not until you learn't what you were doing at any rate. The key? Teamwork.

Upvote 0