• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Game] Mass Effect 3

Remember not too long ago that Bioware said they were looking to compete with CoD and had hired people to create some sort of MP mode. Of course everyone thought of a shooter type gameplay but I'm assuming that this co-op is what they were talking about. And for the future who knows after ME3. Anything other than an MMO. Please no MMO.
After SWTOR I don't think they'll be making another MMO so soon.

Upvote 0
So if the combat is secondary... what exactly is primary? Watching the cutscenes?
Interacting with characters and the world, or watching cutscenes, yes. Anything but using the ripped off, generic combat mechanics to fight baddies with horrible AI really... You weren't on board with Mass Effect for the combat, were you?

Upvote 0
I think it is only natural that they want to appeal a wider audience so they can sell more copies of their game. The question is how they do that. From what I've seen so far they're really focusing on making the combat more fluid and challenging. Since the ME games never were about combat for me that can only be a good thing that they're trying to improve it, as long as that doesn't take their focus away from the important things.

Upvote 0
But it will, who are we kidding here?
Why does it have to? From what I remember(which isn't much) the combat from ME1->ME2 very much evolved as well. The only problem I would have with combat in ME3 would be if there would be a shift in game design, noticeably with more combat and less everything else. But that's not how I see it(and hopefully how it won't be the case), they're just improving the combat system again like they did ME1->ME2. We'll see how it turns out.

Upvote 0
Why does it have to? From what I remember(which isn't much) the combat from ME1->ME2 very much evolved as well.
Exactly, and look how that turned out! The interaction with your teammates became transparently formulaic, there was no interesting character anywhere anymore but only whacked out psychos and the story as a whole started out with a ridiculous premise and didn't get better throughout the game.

I don't think I want them to just improve combat again.;)

Upvote 0
Exactly, and look how that turned out! The interaction with your teammates became transparently formulaic, there was no interesting character anywhere anymore but only whacked out psychos and the story as a whole started out with a ridiculous premise and didn't get better throughout the game.

I don't think I want them to just improve combat again.;)
Well I loved ME2 (and I loved ME1 just as much) so I guess we have different viewpoints

Upvote 0
Hahaha.:D

UN8EX.jpg

Story Mode probably just takes you straight to youtube, lol.:p

Upvote 0
Well, I understand RPG mode lets you play the game more or less like previous Mass Effect games, whereas Action Mode takes care of story related things for you (e.g. picks conversation options automatically) so you can play it like a mediocre shooter with overly long cutscenes, so to speak, while Story Mode probably does the opposite and hand-holds you through the action sequences so you can play it like a boring animated text-adventure.

Something for everyone, ha ha, amIrite? High five! Why should anyone care how others enjoy the game, right? RIGHT?
Spoiler!

Upvote 0
Well, I understand RPG mode lets you play the game more or less like previous Mass Effect games, whereas Action Mode takes care of story related things for you (e.g. picks conversation options automatically) so you can play it like a mediocre shooter with overly long cutscenes, so to speak, while Story Mode probably does the opposite and hand-holds you through the action sequences so you can play it like a boring animated text-adventure.

Something for everyone, ha ha, amIrite? High five! Why should anyone care how others enjoy the game, right? RIGHT?

So you can't have good action and good rpg instead of both?

Would make me very dissapoint:eek:

Upvote 0
No idea, but I know a disturbing number of people who, for some reason that is way beyond me, treated the Mass Effect games like shooter games and were disappointed that they had to deal with all the boring stuff...
And I know people who want to experience Mass Effect but can't shoot for ****.

Nowadays you can't just say "deal with it" or "maybe this game just isn't for you" though, you have to make it accessible to everyone.

As much as the mere existence these ridiculous modes amuses me I have to say I'd rather have those than have the game tailored to the lowest common denominator, like they tried, to a degree, with Mass Effect 2, I assume.

Upvote 0