• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/
This is my issue. There is absolutely NOTHING wrong with TW trying to cater to the mainstream, as long as they made it so this mainstream stuff is not stuffed down our throats. This was what relaxed and hardcore realism should have been about, relaxed being for the more mainstream gamers and harcore being for the RO1 vets.

But they DIDN'T! Seriously, I don't get this. It is obvious a large portion of the old playerbase did not want the STG44, or dual mag MP40, or unlockable PPSH drums, or the large number of weapon mods now available. Why did TW not just add a mode that removed theses features?

It seriously could not have been lots of work to make a super hardcore realism mode that removed ranking, removed unlocks, removed prototypes and other gimics and gave us a more historical experience. Nothing had to be added, in fact if anything stuff would have had to be taken out. Why alienate your base like this? This could have been avoided by just making a mode that kept things real for those who want it, and arcade for those who want it. Why not put a little extra effort into the game to do that?

Thats all we wanted and were expecting from devs who reassured us it would be like that. It was around july I believe. Or are all of us just hallucinating?

Upvote 0
Close, but I was using 2-3 round bursts and pulling down very hard on my mouse. It was on Station and I saw a group of German soldiers chargin the first couple points, shot out a burst and would kill 2 at a time. Sure it is a hard weapon to use, but the way I see it is, why should every weapon be easy to use? Don't forget about stat progression too, but that only means the MKb will be that much easier to use as well.

I don't want lower recoil because that will make it easier. I want it because battle rifles don't have recoil like that. Realism. What this whole thread is about.

But making it realistic does have the side effect of balancing it with the Mkb42. All the more reason to fix the RO1 recoil on the AVT.

Upvote 0
The Mkb42(H) is insanely too good. I can match it with a PPSH close range, but medium and long range it excels because of it's slow fire rate and low recoil.

You can even single fire this thing and use it like a bolt rifle it's so accurate, something you'd be hard pressed to do on the PPSH.

I don't exactly have a problem with the gun itself, but more of the fact that it's given to the assault class with 6 people running around with a rare weapon at the same time.

Upvote 0
Might put this game on the backburner for a week and see how it pans out, giving most axis 64 shot mp-40s was bad enough but assault rifles? Feel like just shooting myself as allies now to speed up the inevitable.

Basically. Might as well just use the console to commit suicide because there is no point in fighting against a team of mkb42's.

Upvote 0
wow, I leave for a few hours and come back to see the forum united? WHAT?

Something tells me I should avoid playing until I get some more info on this situation.

About how many MKBs are there in a 64 person server? Do they have the dual bayonet attachment with acog scope on them yet?

Not yet no but every assault/SL/and commander can pick one so you can do the math^^

Upvote 0
I don't want lower recoil because that will make it easier. I want it because battle rifles don't have recoil like that. Realism. What this whole thread is about.

But making it realistic does have the side effect of balancing it with the Mkb42. All the more reason to fix the RO1 recoil on the AVT.

ro1 recoil on the AVT? What?? The avt wasnt in ro1.

wow, I leave for a few hours and come back to see the forum united? WHAT?

Something tells me I should avoid playing until I get some more info on this situation.

About how many MKBs are there in a 64 person server? Do they have the dual bayonet attachment with acog scope on them yet?

About 14-15

Upvote 0
I made a suggestion that you have to earn points (such as team points) to unlock the weapons. Like every 5 team points you earn gives you a life with the unlock if you earn those team points as that class. They wouldn't accumulate until after you have unlocked the weapon. Once your bank of lives with that weapon depletes you go back to use the vanilla weapon.

Just throwing a number out.

Upvote 0

Everyone is posting videos of battle rifles being fired by highly experienced soldiers, but they seem to forget that simply because something is possible doesnt mean it is easy. In the video of the soldier firing the G3 that you posted you can clearly see how much effort he was putting into keeping the muzzle down. This is clearly vissible when he clears the magazine and you can see the gun clearly go down from all the force he was putting into combating muzzle climb. It is possible to shoulder-fire an MG42, but it is far from easy. I still think the amount of effort that is needed to keep the AVT on target is about preportional to real life if you compare it to every other gun that is in the game.

Upvote 0
While I am happy that they got the Mkb42(H) modelled quite authentically in terms of its firing & handling characteristics (Eventhough sideways recoil does seem abit excessive compared to the real thing), the extreme availability of the weapon completely breaks the immersion for me, I gotta say.

Two of these weapons max pr. server I can definitely live with and enjoy as-well, but right now we've got up to 10+ guys running around with this gun, and that's way above acceptable.

That having been said guys, we might be fortunate that this is not intentional on TWI's side, but that it's some sort of bug where the rare guns aren't limited as intended.

Reactions: Uffz.Juschkat
Upvote 0
Also don't forget that stat progression is supposed to simulate your character becoming more proficient with his weapons. By the time you get +20% to sway and recoil reduction for the AVT that will properly reflect your character becoming as skilled as the soldiers in some of these videos.

Is there any way to manipulate the skill levels in singleplayer with the console.

I want to see the difference between 0% and 100%

Upvote 0