• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Pavlov's house and why it is terrible.

You cannot judge balancing on ANY maps, on ANY game 2 days after release.

Truth is, many people are still getting to know the game and the map itself.Also dealing with lots of issues in between.

Give it time, let people gain some experience THEN judge (if you want).

Uh, been playing since the start of the DDE beta. There are clear imbalance issues that you can easily see without having to arbitrarily play the map continuously. 90% of the time these imbalances favour the Axis.

Upvote 0
Wine less, play better. Use smoke etc. Evade the tank as there is no way in hell he can have a clear view on the entire map.
I've been in games were russians won this many times. The only games i've lost as russians on this map is when more than half the team is too damn scared to attack.
Cowardive even runs rampart in games these days. No wonder russians shot deserters on the spot.

You can try and balance maps as much as you want but when one team is too damn pussy to attack (and maybe get shot god forbid) they will eventually lose even if they had a huge advantage.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jake74
Upvote 0
Wine less, play better. Use smoke etc. Evade the tank as there is no way in hell he can have a clear view on the entire map.
I've been in games were russians won this many times. The only games i've lost as russians on this map is when more than half the team is too damn scared to attack.
Cowardive even runs rampart in games these days. No wonder russians shot deserters at the spot.

This guy just owned everyone who just resorted to the unbalanced card when they couldn't argue against people who say the game is somewhat realistc (which it obviously is).

There, I fixed it for you, Archo. :D

Upvote 0
Uh, been playing since the start of the DDE beta. There are clear imbalance issues that you can easily see without having to arbitrarily play the map continuously. 90% of the time these imbalances favour the Axis.

Yes, but its a TEAM game and you need your TEAM. Most people are New to the game.

;)

Also, I kind of like misadvantage. Put me on the Russian side, I like the challenge.

Upvote 0
I was playing Pavlov's last night:

First round: Axis win with Allied reinforcements greater than Axis

Second round: Allies dominate but Axis win after thrilling counter attack in last 3 minutes when Allied reinforcements deplete. Fantastic match, my honor jumped 3 notches.

It's worth tweaking any map to counter the fact that players will become familiar with good camping spots etc. but for now, match outcomes are more dependent on the quality of the players, not axis/allied schism.

Tripwire have got the hang of map making methinks :D

Upvote 0
It's unbalanced. Period. There's no point even debating it. I know this to be true because I read the thread, including the part where the TW rep said that there was a balance fix coming for that map.

From what I've seen several of the maps have balance issues, some favoring the Germans and others favoring the Russians. Unless the TW community is somehow special (and, based on this thread, it seems to be the usual collection of douchebags) that means that the most experienced players are all going to pick whichever side has the clear map advantage so they can get easy kills and easy wins. That's how it always works.

Upvote 0
Yes, but its a TEAM game and you need your TEAM. Most people are New to the game.

;)

Also, I kind of like misadvantage. Put me on the Russian side, I like the challenge.

You do not need a team to see map imbalances.

I'll give you some examples:

1) Spartanovka is almost symmetrical (apart from the gullies) yet the Axis spawn closer to the objectives giving them a clear advantage for no reason.

2) Several of the Allied spawns on Commisar's House are nothing more than single buildings out in the middle of nowhere. Meaning that you're usually full of sniper bullet holes before you can even get out the front door. (I was literally spawning on top of my dead teammates INSIDE the building)

3) On Gumrak the Axis have a large hill outside their spawn while the Allies have to drive a LONG way over a flat field. This results in the Axis parking on the hill and destroying the Allies.

4) Apartments is pretty obvious. There are something like 4 stationary German MG's that face the Russian spawn, among many other problems. Yay!

I can give you more if you want.

Notice how most of these favour the Axis?

Last edited:
Reactions: tmhlegolas
Upvote 0
Any maturity and credibility you would have had in this post is now gone. Sorry I cannot take you seriously when you resort to blunt insults.

You might not like it but it is true in the end. If most people out here used their brains instead of just complaining things would be alot better.
Losing the map multiple times as a certain team does not mean the map favors the opposing team.
Most of the times it means that the enemy team just had better players / played a better game.

Upvote 0
You do not need a team to see map imbalances.

I'll give you some examples:

1) Spartanovka is almost symmetrical (apart from the gullies) yet the Axis spawn closer to the objectives giving them a clear advantage for no reason.

Yes, but keep in mind that Axis need to capture all the points to win. Allies just defend.

So it makes sense

2) Several of the Allied spawns on Commisar's House are nothing more than single buildings out in the middle of nowhere. Meaning that you're usually full of sniper bullet holes before you can even get out the front door.

This is not Battlefield. Just 1 sniper and that wasn't the case for me yesterday. I don't agree. I was actually surprised how well I was able to move around the map without getting killed MORE OFTEN.

TheGoden;8757253) On Gumrak the Axis have a large hill outside their spawn while the Allies have to drive a LONG way over a flat field. This results in the Axis parking on the hill and destroying the Allies.[/QUOTE said:
I don't like this map....

4) Apartments is pretty obvious. There are something like 4 stationary German MG's that face the Russian spawn. Yay!

Yes and they are not exactly easy to use. I tried it and got killed pretty quick.

I played Apartments 4 times last night and each time Allies won.

Personally I like a misadvantage, it's a challenge.

NOTHING IS PERFECT, there is lot of other areas of the game where RO2 needs to be more perfect LONG before "side balancing"

Me thinks

Upvote 0
Just regarding balance..does anyone actually loose a round and then go.. damn i didn't enjoy that because i lost?

If they do I just don't get that at all, i enjoy the round equally if i loose or win, it just makes no difference me.. i'm lucky i guess.

I cannot speak for everyone, so I will speak from personal experience. Usually when I lose I can tell if it was caused by imbalance or by a rubbish team. It's also easy to tell when the teams are even and the other team won by sheer skill superiority over your team.

Read my post a few posts up regarding some map imbalance examples. Those are the kind of things which are easy to tell apart from a rubbish team.

Upvote 0

This is wrong.

4) Apartments is pretty obvious. There are something like 4 stationary German MG's that face the Russian spawn, among many other problems. Yay!

Also wrong. Only 2 German machine guns can be active at once. The four MGs on that side of the map don't even look directly at the direction of the Russian advance.

Upvote 0
Firstly, this map is unbalanced. It is far easier for axis to attack Pavlov's house than allies to attack the ruins @ E-objective. The differing distance of spawns and the locations themselves play a part here - axis are closer AND have more cover to attack from.

Other imbalance lies in the tanks - PzIV is clearly superior in a map where T34's only advantage, speed, is ignorable. Not to mention you can park Panzers hull-down in the 9th january square, have hull-mg pepper dom pavlova and gunner kill T34's at their spawn exit.

Simple solution exists - make it an attack/defend map instead of this stupidity.

Did you notice the Real war photos tread? Pavlov's house looks exactly the way it did in the real fight. I bet the real Russians didn't qq about balance in ww2.

Upvote 0