• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Game about Nazis, and no swasticas anywhere?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ermak

Sep 13, 2011
I can clearly see Sicle and Hammer of the soviet people, but where is nazis logo? Just because Germany has a law against it doesn't mean we all have to suffer political correctness here in USA. Couldn't they make German skins to accommodate that market and leave American version historically accurate? And no, I am not a skinhead. I suspect moderators will immediately ban my post for simply asking this questing. I don't mean troll or anything, its just German Cross symbol is so off-putting.

As a long time strategy gamer, I can answer this: Swastikas are banned in Germany(among other places) from being used in entertainment products. The game would be unsellable there, so they usually put in the fake iron cross symbol instead.

Swastikas are not banned from being used in entertainment products. There are some games and a lot of movies (not just documenteries) in Germany that have Swastikas in it and as long as there is no glorification, it is allowed to use them in games as well as in other cultural media (and yes, games are an officially accepted culturual medium in Germany).

If Swastikas would be completely banned, every game with Swastikas in it would be confiscated in Germany and the import of such games would be prohibited.

I'm pretty sure that Red Orchestra 2 would have also recieved an aproval by the USK if there were Swastika banners, etc. in it, because it would be historically correct and no execessive magnification ...

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I can clearly see Sicle and Hammer of the soviet people, but where is nazis logo? Just because Germany has a law against it doesn't mean we all have to suffer political correctness here in USA. Couldn't they make German skins to accommodate that market and leave American version historically accurate? And no, I am not a skinhead. I suspect moderators will immediately ban my post for simply asking this questing. I don't mean troll or anything, its just German Cross symbol is so off-putting.

Been discussed so many times on these forums it actually gets pretty boring to even read the thread title tbh.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

No, I'm sure they won't ban you but it has been asked and discussed to death.

Perhaps search and read the answers there :p

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.