• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Lockdown is ruining the game?

I also agree that lockdown rarely saves a boring game being played till the end and most of the times it is annoying. Who's to say that an objective 100m further cannot be capped swiftly after the lockdown objectives.

Iy makes it feel like less of a battlefield and is in 90% of the cases damaging the game more than helping.

Upvote 0
No lock down = nobody will go for the objectives...

All lockdown really does right now is forcing you to make stupid mistakes and running in the open so every defender on the map can take his shot at you.

I don't really see much point to it, because those of the attackers who did nothing but sitting on their butt all game won't pay attention to it anyway.

If you ask me, general timer itself should be increased by a lot. And lockdown should either disappear or get in only once one team's reinforcements are depleted.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Yes lockdown is horrible. I noticed when the maps were only Fallen Fighters and Apartments that lockdown would hardly happen on FF (if it can occur at all) but it can happen quite easily on Apartments if the attacking team isn't great. This meant that often FF would go the full map length but you would only be on Apartments for ten minutes or so (2 rounds) before the map change. Pretty horrible really.

I don't buy that people won't try if there is no lockdown, that argument is silly and lockdown eliminates slower paced tactics in favour of rushes. I can't see the point of it really and it's not like the defenders need more help to win if faced with an ineffective attack. I just want to play the game and what with the short round times and lockdown I often feel that I'm needlessly stopped from this. IMO it should really be removed.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I definitely agree. Sometimes we lose the game while doing good for no reason and it's because of Lockdown. Just give us the full 20 minutes to finish the level, rather than make us hop map to map every 5 minutes. At least make it reset EVERY time a objective is capped.

I hate it.

Upvote 0
There's good stress and bad stress. For me good stress is capping the last objective with a few seconds to go on the round timer and bad stress is looking at a timer ontop of a timer ontop of reinforcements that forces you to hurry the whole round through. Picture it as a guy yelling at you to hurry, it's fun when you're capping the last objectives. When that guy yells at you the whole round through it just becomes irritating.

I tried ignoring the lockdown timer and it was more fun, untill we lost because of lockdown ofcourse.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
No lock down = nobody will go for the objectives...

There's certainly no proof of that in RO1 or the Mod, so why would it be true for RO2 all of a sudden?

Yes there will be times when some people don't go for objectives, but as noted already, the round will still end soon enough, those defending still can win, those attacking who suddenly decide to shift gears and attack can still win, and even if you can't get any caps because the defending team is pulling every stunt they have in defending and holding you back, if they sacrifice their reinforcements in doing so, the attackers can still win by simply wiping them out first.

In other words, the defending team could be holding all the objectives, but still suck at defending and quickly get wiped out.... thus all the objectives are automatically won due to no more resistance..... and vice versa.

With Lockdown on, it removes pretty much all of the above in almost all situations.

And how can someone say that lockdown prevents the game from being boring?

RO is never boring..... you're either still killing enemies or being killed yourself and you still have to use your brain.

Lockdown just restricts the diversity of the game imo.

Upvote 0
Lockdown is akin to putting a gimped horse out of his misery; that is to say, a terrible team doesn't have to suffer through getting destroyed for 30 minutes until their tickets run out. With that said, I still prefer how it works in the original RO. Hopefully they can add the option to not have Lockdown.

Not sure I buy the whole "bad team out of it's misery" thing. I've played plenty of games where we were getting slaughtered until we changed our tactics up after a few minutes only for a come-from-behind victory. Lockdown doesn't allow for that. You're committed to a tactic and if it doesn't work you don't have time to regroup and try something else. It basically just boils down to throwing bodies on a cap to try and get it before time runs out.

Upvote 0
lol .. seriously, i dont think u would have a choice but to run across that open field, or the nkdv-officer would turn your brain into a smoking pile in the snow ..
the error isnt in the lockdown system, but the fact that everyone is their own commander, and that u can chose not to obey higher ranking individuals in this game.. wich most ppl wont.
The game should kill you if not moving to a given area set by groupleaders, or commanders within a given timeframe(3 minutes?) ,unless your in a support role..
(sniper/mg)
who' s that dude with funky looking hat?

Upvote 0
lol .. seriously, i dont think u would have a choice but to run across that open field, or the nkdv-officer would turn your brain into a smoking pile in the snow ..
the error isnt in the lockdown system, but the fact that everyone is their own commander, and that u can chose not to obey higher ranking individuals in this game.. wich most ppl wont.
The game should kill you if not moving to a given area set by groupleaders, or commanders within a given timeframe(3 minutes?) ,unless your in a support role..
(sniper/mg)
who' s that dude with funky looking hat?

Whilst NKVD political officers did shoot people who were not advancing it was not like those men were expected to seize an objective within 5 minutes or not at all.

Maybe there could be an incentivized system that motivates people to want to cap in a time frame BUT it shouldn't arbitrarily end the game thereby ruining the flow of a battle.

BUT

It should be an incentive and it shouldn't be an entirely non enjoyable punishment that ends round in the space of 5 minutes that should ideally last at least 30.

Upvote 0
Ranking system = Nobody will go for the objectives....

I believe that this ranking up guns and levels is the reason people sit back and try to snipe. They get more kills... No one ever goes for the cap anymore.

Thing is, working with the cap-zones gives you far, far more honour than killing alone does. The evidence of this is in the scoreboard, where you'll regularly see people with fewer kills in the number 1 spot, and the guy with 20 kills placed down in 6th, 7th. The guys capping objectives and defending them will rank faster than those who ignore that boon to honour.

Upvote 0
Ranking system = Nobody will go for the objectives....

I believe that this ranking up guns and levels is the reason people sit back and try to snipe. They get more kills... No one ever goes for the cap anymore.

Well there's firefight for people who just want kills. There's Countdown for people who want short but hard battles to capture an objective. Territory is there for people who want long battles and capture objectives. That's the problem I have with lockdown, if your tactic takes longer than 5 minutes you lose the game.

Reactions: Rumo
Upvote 0