• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Lockdown is ruining the game?

Coolicus

Grizzled Veteran
Jan 2, 2008
Just played a round on commissars house and I've discovered lockdown is even worse than I initially thought. The Germans recaptured the water refinery so lockdown time dropped from over 5 minutes to 30 seconds presumably because that was what the timer stood at before we took the refinery the first time.

I'm sorry - I appreciate what lockdown tries to do but a mercy rule like this is completely destroying any kind of ebb and flow of battle and any kind of tactics. When you have such a short amount of time it just boils down getting bodies in the cap which means rushing like maniacs.

This isn't deciding who is the better team par say it's simply putting an entirely unfair and unrealistic pressure on the attacking side which completely spoils the enjoyment - at least for me and others i've been in game with.

Please can someone tell me if this is a server side thing or not? If it's going to be in every server then I really think it needs drastic revisions else the game will be spoiled for many.

Anyway what do you guys think of lockdown and how it is implemented?

I don't have too many answers for you, but while I like everything else about the game, lockdown isn't something I'm very fond of.

I personally don't see a point in it.

Yes I understand it's to get people off their butts and push the objective, but I don't think it's needed, as it kills a couple of other forms of tactics that were once available in RO1.

The main thing I see, is that if the map is designed around the number of forces available during that battle, why isn't it logical that you can still win the match by wiping out the other team and thus, automatically winning all objectives.

When the defending team has the other team pinned down in a technical lockdown situation, their reinforcements drop like flies and it can be over in a few minutes.

When the attackers take almost everything but one or two zones the other team is defending, they should be allowed to tactically wipe out the other team and thus, a free occupation of the remaining objectives, simply because the defending team ran out of reinforcements and certainly can't bring in more any time soon.

And I doubt either the Germans or Russians in WWII would have booked it and retreated after 5 minutes of combat.

Though I can play just fine with it in the game, I'd much prefer if it wasn't there.

Reactions: Fiennes
Upvote 0
The way lockdown is implemented, yes it's absolutely terrible, mindboggling bad, I'd rather play angry birds.

Right now the issue is that I might jump into a territory server, but then at map change it goes to lockdown, ffffffffffFFFFFFFFFFfffffffff!

I haven't raged playing any game until lockdown was introduced. It's like damn TWI, let me play the damn game already.

Upvote 0
Lockdown is akin to putting a gimped horse out of his misery; that is to say, a terrible team doesn't have to suffer through getting destroyed for 30 minutes until their tickets run out. With that said, I still prefer how it works in the original RO. Hopefully they can add the option to not have Lockdown.

Upvote 0
I don't think lockdown's going to be a bad idea once the maps and weapons will be balanced. I think the main concept is that if you fail to cap an obj. in the time given by lockdown you would lose the match and woulnd't have the time for the other objs. So it saves up minutes of agony trying to win a game already lost.
However now, being the majority of the maps and weapons badly balanced (imho) it just frustrates everyone even more.

Upvote 0