• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Sway is WAY too small

Here's a question, guys.

Has anyone ever actually seen someone in game go from a full sprint to standing unsupported and pop off a 200m kill shot?

Because honestly, if they managed to kill you from 200m with what little sway there is and without support or cover you deserved it.

I have yet to see it. I don't bother trying to do it, but I have yet to see anyone hit anyone from standing, right after sighting, past 100m.

That's why I kind of feel it's a made up issue. Either that or I spent so much time assaulting (me loves assault!) that I'm just pure suck with the bolt action rifles.

-Paas

Upvote 0
I've done alot of ~70m shots on appartments, very easy, very often.

When I exit the door next to D I've often a within split second killed the guy on the second floor of the Propaganda house, before he even got a chance to shoot at me even though he was obviously waiting for me.

I've done this often, and I hit way more often than not. 8/10.

Sometimes even when wounded several times and being out of stamina.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I agree rifles are a bit too accurate unsupported, there WILL be huge sway after running around with that beast of a gun. TWI also made ADS faster and added shift-zoom, combine these and rifleman class made supporting classes redundant at middle-long range(MG, Sniper).

Otherwise replace rifles with gauss gun and call RO2 alternate reality, all the problems are gone.

Upvote 0

When I exit the door next to D I've often within split second killed the guy on the second floor of the Propaganda house, before he even got a chance to see me even though he was obviously waiting for me.

That's a shot you should be able to make everytime. I am looking for the magical quicksight shot at 200m that has been the basis of this arguement. I tried doing it on Fallen Figters, before it rotated, but my weapon would not stay stable enough for me to hit even a stationary target on the first shot.

So I am trying to step back from my stance for a second and see the issue from your perspective, but the evidence just isn't there. Is there a youtube video you cab link that shows complete lack of weapon movement while sighted?

-Paas

Upvote 0
That's a shot you should be able to make everytime. I am looking for the magical quicksight shot at 200m that has been the basis of this arguement. I tried doing it on Fallen Figters, before it rotated, but my weapon would not stay stable enough for me to hit even a stationary target on the first shot.

After sprinting to exhaustion on a wounded leg and aiming with a wounded arm?

Upvote 0

When I exit the door next to D I've often a within split second killed the guy on the second floor of the Propaganda house, before he even got a chance to shoot at me even though he was obviously waiting for me.

A 70m shot isn't that hard. I could easily put a bullet into a man-sized target unsupported, standing, after a hard sprint. We're talking a 200m shot after a hard sprint. THAT would be hard, especially in a helmet-sized target.

Upvote 0
A 70m shot isn't that hard. I could easily put a bullet into a man-sized target unsupported, standing, after a hard sprint. We're talking a 200m shot after a hard sprint. THAT would be hard, especially in a helmet-sized target.

I'm not saying it can be done.

I'm just saying that I can bring my iron sights up and steady the gun, when being shot twice, being totally exhausted, before the guy that was waiting for me could shoot me?

I may have been faster than him, but the above should not happen.

The lack of effective wound modeling has nothing to do with a shot that a healthy, trained soldier should be able to make.

I disagree. This thread is about sway.

As I pictured above, in some cases there really is too little sway,

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I'm not saying it can be done.

I'm just saying that I can bring my iron sights up and steady the gun, when being shot twice, being totally exhausted, before the guy that was waiting for me could shoot me?

I may have been faster than him, but the above should not happen.

And why not? If you're unaware enough to get blindsided by a wounded, exhausted soldier it's your own damn fault.

I disagree. This thread is about sway.

As I pictured above, in some cases there really is too little sway,

You say the soldier is wounded to justify why he shouldn't be able to pull off a 70m shot. I agree. A bullet to the arm or shoulder would make it VERY difficult to continue fighting and pull off accurate shots, but that has nothing to do with the regular gameplay sway.

If you are shot in the arm, your gun SHOULD sway to model the pain your avatar is in trying to keep the gun steady. If he is shot in the leg his movement speed should be decreased and his sway while standing should be increased, absolutely.

But a healthy soldier should not have significant weapon sway the way you guys are describing here.

Upvote 0
And why not? If you're unaware enough to get blindsided by a wounded, exhausted soldier it's your own damn fault.

You say the soldier is wounded to justify why he shouldn't be able to pull off a 70m shot. I agree. A bullet to the arm or shoulder would make it VERY difficult to continue fighting and pull off accurate shots, but that has nothing to do with the regular gameplay sway.

If you are shot in the arm, your gun SHOULD sway to model the pain your avatar is in trying to keep the gun steady. If he is shot in the leg his movement speed should be decreased and his sway while standing should be increased, absolutely.

But a healthy soldier should not have significant weapon sway the way you guys are describing here.

AMEN!

...that's all.

-Paas

Upvote 0
A bullet to the arm or shoulder would make it VERY difficult to continue fighting and pull off accurate shots, but that has nothing to do with the regular gameplay sway.

Lol, being wounded is irregular gameplay in a war game that features bandaging? Where does the topic say we are only allowed to discuss what you would call 'regular gameplay' sway?

So yes, being wounded is part of the gameplay. The HUD even tells you where you get it, and it keeps showing the wound on the doll consistently.

And the sway when wounded is just too damn much,

I'm wounded 40% of the time I'm playing, I do not see how that would be 'not regular.

But am I correct that you actually agreed with me just now, that sway can should be increased under certain condition?

Last edited:
Upvote 0